SOFTWARE ENGINEER – UI – ENTERPRISE DATA LAKE
Employer Corporation delivers data integration software and services to solve the problem of data fragmentation across disparate systems, helping organizations gain greater business value from all their information assets. Employer’s open, platform-neutral software reduces costs, speeds time to results, and scales to handle data integration projects of any size or complexity. With a proven track record of success, Employer helps companies and government organizations of all sizes realize the full business potential of their enterprise data. That’s why Employer is known as the Data Integration company. Employer currently has an opportunity available as a SOFTWARE ENGINEER – UI. This is a full-time position located in Redwood City, California, U.S
OUR TEAM This is a great opportunity to be part of a dynamic team in an established company that is developing leading-edge technology. The Enterprise Data Lake team is responsible for building a new product focused on helping large enterprises provide a new way of empowering their decision makers, allowing them to find any data, discover data relationships, prepare and govern data for analysis in a uniquely collaborative way. Data handled by this product isnt just sourced from controlled data warehouses but from varying new sources that are structured and unstructured in nature and at a scale that is beyond the relational data stores.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY You will be part of a small, tight-knit group of engineers that relish fast paced agile development of innovative products. You will be involved with developing the next generation of Employers Enterprise Data Lake software and leveraging your passion to drive innovation at Employer. OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE You are a software engineer who wants to build products that use cutting edge technologies to provide a simple, easy to use, and a snappy user interface to solve complex problems with data. You demonstrate passion for solving complex and interesting problems that arise in the areas of distributed computing, high volume data processing and large-scale system design. You have experience building enterprise class products and have exposure to Big Data technologies. YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES This role will be based in Redwood City, CA and will be responsible for:
* Designing the next generation user interface for manipulating data-at-scale with high degree of interactivity
* Working closely with UX designers and product managers in shaping the user interface framework to meet functional requirements
* Proactively identifying weaknesses in the user interface framework and recommending appropriate solutions
* 1+ years of experience in building enterprise-grade user interfaces
* Strong understanding of CSS fundamentals
* Experience with modern UI tooling like Gulp, Rollup, and webpack is a plus
* Experience with testing frameworks like JUnit, TestNG, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
* Experience with node.js is a plus
* Experience with ES2015 and beyond is a plus
* Exposure to Big Data technologies like Hive, HDFS, and Spark is a plus
* Development experience in Agile environments
* Proven ability to work well with others in a fast paced, iterative product definition and development environment
* BS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
Employer offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, retirement, flexible time off and more. Its an exciting time to work at Employer. You can learn more about our company, our products and our services at *******************. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.