Software Quality Analyst (Software Engineering)
May 18, 2018
Lakewood, CO, US
Terumo BCT, Inc.
Position provides technical expertise in an area of technology as defined. Performs a range of tasks which may include analysis, evaluation, design, coding and testing, installation, maintenance, support, and training under general direction.
– Operates somewhat independently in developing strategies for software development and quality assurance process improvement.
– Develops and maintains pertinent documentation and procedures for the technology area according to industry, vendor, and company standards.
– Develops test plans, test procedures, and test scripts based on system and software requirements.
– Selects testing specifications for new products and ensures testing procedures comply with industry specific standards.
– Work with other engineering functions from design through production to design, develop, and implement procedures for testing systems and equipment.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– May work independently or as part of a team in resolving more complex problems for clients.
– Work with team members to deliver on time and on-budget results to customers.
– Assists in developing policies and procedures in cooperation with the other functional groups to satisfy regulatory requirements.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered.
Minimum 2 years experience.
– Two to four years of software or system level testing experience is preferred.
– One year of testing software in real-time and embedded systems strongly preferred.
– Experience in writing test descriptions from Specifications preferred.
– Experience in executing manual tests and resolution of issues preferred.
– Requires a sound working knowledge of a specific software technology.
– Requires demonstrated ability to analyze problems of varying levels and then design and implement solutions.
– Requires ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
– Requires flexibility to adapt to and a willingness to learn new technologies.
– Familiarity with GMP/IEEE/ISO 9000 standards for software quality assurance, impact/risk analysis, and software traceability.
– Familiarity with documentation standards.
– Familiarity with testing processes and protocols.
– Capability to implement a process discipline and maintain departmental productivity.
– Requires working knowledge in GUI development and object oriented methodologies.
– Requires working knowledge of systems analysis and design concepts and associated tools.
– Ability to perform data modeling and application design specification efforts.
– Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
An equivalent competency level acquired through a variation of these qualifications may be considered.
– Typical Office Environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
– The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential duties of this job.
– Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. As of January 1, 2017 the Terumo BCT Lakewood, Colorado location will be a tobacco-free workplace. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website .
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood.
We are a global leader in blood component and cellular technologies, and the only company with the unique combination of apheresis collections, manual and automated whole blood processing, and pathogen reduction coupled with leading technologies in therapeutic apheresis and cell processing. We believe in the potential of blood to do even more for patients than it does today. This belief inspires our innovation and strengthens our collaboration with customers.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
Our company has almost $1B in annual revenues and has been voted and recognized as:
– Largest corporate sponsor in Rocky Mountain Region for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS)
– Winner of the Association for Talent Development (ATD) BEST Award for providing exceptional employee learning and talent development (2011 & 2012)
– One of Colorado’s Healthiest Employers by Denver Business Journal (2014 & 2015)
– Recipient of the Way to Go Employer award through the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) 2015
Our award-winning culture embraces:
– Leading technology through innovation and R & D
– Wellness programs
– Commitment to quality
– An environment that values, respects and rewards your individual contributions
– A philosophy of intentional growth and responsiveness to world health issues
to see what our associates have to say about our culture.
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
– Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
– Growing through professional and leadership development activities
– Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do and want to do work that is changing the delivery of healthcare globally, we invite you to work with us now to see how we can unlock your potential.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact the recruiter at:
We have preferred partners, no agency calls please
Nearest Major Market:
Quality Engineer, Medical, R & D Engineer, Developer, Engineer, Engineering, Healthcare, Technology
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.