SEG will provide naval combat system requirements engineering and management expertise in support of missions, system-of-systems, advanced ship, combat system, and combat system integration. General responsibilities will include:
- Support requirements engineering activities to produce combat system definitions and designs.
- Contribute to the development of combat system-level requirements, interface definition, and integration options for surface ship combat systems.
- Conduct engineering analysis and trade studies to identify and recommend warfare systems which satisfy required capabilities for the surface fleet and to analyze technical requirements documentation.
- Developed documents shall provide proper traceability and decomposition of requirements from higher-level specifications and proper implementation of system-level requirements.
- Support verifying traceability of requirements, assessing the completeness and correctness of allocated requirements.
- Maintain requirements and specifications documentation in a requirements management tool.
- Utilize the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements Systems (DOORS) requirements management tool, to create and manage modules, attributes, links, and data input, as well as format and export data.
- Utilize MS Office products to generate and format requirements documentation.
- Provide support to integrate the requirements and architecture models in the development of a cohesive combat system definition
- Candidates for this position must have a SECRET level security clearance. Interim Secret clearances are acceptable.
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) Accredited Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree from ABET recognized engineering curriculum OR BS Degree in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that includes 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
- Five (5) years of software engineering experience with three (3) years of specialized experience with emphasis in one or more of the following:
- Combat Systems Cyber Security
- Ships Self Defense System
- Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) class frigate
- Aegis Integrated Combat Systems
- DDG-1000 Zumwalt class destroyer
- Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense
- Element Level (Weapon, Sensor, or Combat Management System) Experience
- Agile software development
Systems Engineering Group, Inc. (SEG) is a highly regarded and leading provider of missile systems engineering and analysis. Principal customers include the U.S. Navy, Missile Defense Agency, AEGIS Ballistic Missile Defense Program, and Program Executive Offices for Integrated Warfare Systems and Ships. SEG is headquartered in Columbia, MD and is convenient to routes 32, 29, and 95. SEG is a wholly owned subsidiary of Telephonics Corporation. SEG provides excellent benefits, work environment and outstanding growth opportunities.
SEG’s benefit package include Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance. SEG has a generous 401k with company match. In additional to generous vacation leave SEG ofers sick leave benefits.
We are an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected characteristic. Reasonable accommodations may include but are not limited to that which may enable individuals with disabilities and special disabled veterans to perform the essential functions of this position.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115523 →