City: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Position ID: J0118-0142
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
Build a Career that Matters at CGI’s Lafayette Center
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Solution Architect for the Solution Architecture Group within our Emerging Technologies Practice. We are initiating a major product re-engineering initiative that will leverage modern technologies and techniques to move toward a cloud-based, microservices architecture rooted in multi-tenancy and SaaS concepts. This person will work with the Product Managers, the development teams, subject matter experts, and other stakeholders to define solution roadmaps, develop solution designs, scope technical initiatives and epics, evaluate new technologies, and develop frameworks in support of program priorities. The Solution Architect will work with account teams, customers, agile teams, architects and product SMEs, support business development activities, and participate in industry/government sessions and working groups. The ideal candidate will have experience with the architecture and modernization of enterprise solutions leveraging key platforms and technologies. Candidates with experience in similar systems, such as other Federal systems, ERP, or other complex IT environments will also be considered in the absence of Momentum experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
A full time member of the Solution Architecture Group, the Solution Architect uses his/her deep knowledge of emerging technologies, development strategies, and development best practices to support definition and delivery of the product roadmap. This includes technical opportunities to advance the baseline software imminently and in the future, crafting overall technical vision and direction documents for large or complex initiatives, evaluating technologies and/or alternate approaches, working with Product Managers to estimate and design new enhancements, and supporting program-level trade-offs on priorities.
The Solution Architect role also requires an individual capable of designing and developing architecture framework capabilities to ensure a technical runway so that development momentum is not delayed. This person has strong collaborative skills with a technologists thinking who can work and communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical stakeholders to continually ensure the product is of the highest quality. This person will move fluidly between the legacy and next generation applications, providing technical expertise to all teams and products in an Agile environment. The Solution Architect will:
– Serve as a subject matter expert for one or more areas of the architecture: Information/Data, Infrastructure/Technology, Application, System, Security, or Dev/Ops.
– Identify and evaluate current systems to define a roadmap that maximizes the use of advanced technology.
– Develop solution architectures for new enhancements, systems, and technologies.
– Analyze options for system and technology gaps and issues in the current solutions.
– Scope technical epics for an assigned initiative.
– Evaluate existing framework and/or develop new framework that will be used by agile teams responsible for implementing a solution architecture or enhancement design.
– Prepare the assigned agile team to begin work on an initiative by reviewing epics with the team, ensuring comprehension of the subject matter and feature scope prior to PI Planning.
– Provide ongoing support to agile teams throughout a PI to help keep overall solution vision on track, make technical trade-offs where necessary, and support the identification and escalation of risks.
– Diagnose application, infrastructure, and technology issues using various resources; define an appropriate solution; support the resolution; and document the incident record.
– Define architecture and development best practices, supporting the approval and implementation within the Product Development team.
– Continuously identify and escalate any risks to product solution, quality, staffing and/or delivery commitments so they can be acted upon in timely manner.
– Participate in sprint and system demos for agile teams to maintain a pulse on product progress and interdependencies throughout the lifecycle. Identify and offer suggestions for improvement.
– Participate in quality validation exercises, including subsystem assessment reviews and/or exploratory testing efforts to continuously keep a pulse on product quality and identify areas for adjustment early in the process.
– Mentor developers and other technical resources to enable them to
o learn the ins and outs of the software and how our customers do business,
o provide assistance in managing trade-offs and assessing user or system impact, and
o promote adherence to design standards and processes to promote quality.
– Work with account teams and/or customers to understand technical requirements, provide support on current software implementations, and make recommendations for a product path forward.
– Support estimation for new product features, including outlining solution approach, vetting approach with Product Mangers, product SMEs, and other stakeholders, and preparing hours-based estimates to present to management, account teams and/or investment boards
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
– 5+ years of experience as a Solution Architect, Principle Engineer (Lead Developer), or similar role
Technical expertise in key current and future technologies. Depending on the architecture role, this may include:
– Angular, Node.js, C++, Java, HTML5, XML
– Kafka, Tuxedo, WebLogic, Springboot
– Swagger, webMethods
– Experience with the realization of a product evolution to cloud-based, microservices, multi-tenancy, and/or SaaS
– Demonstrates initiative and strong attention to detail as needed to define and oversee a plan for implementation of software objects toward an overall solution
– Experience working in and leading teams an Agile development environment.
– Team player with the ability to adapt to changing priorities and goals.
– Ability to translate functional designs into technical solutions.
– Ability to work closely with technical leads, engineering teams and architecture stakeholders for technical issues, architectural considerations and engineering assessment of product goals.
– Ability to understand complex technical concepts and translating them into detailed, executable plans
– Experience developing and documenting architecture framework capabilities for use by other development teams
– Strong emphasis on teamwork and close collaboration across all roles and functions
– Ability to provide appropriate and informed guidance and technical direction.
– Ability to prioritize across multiple competing interests and recognize situations requiring escalation.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Strong presentation and leadership skills.
– Strong analytical, problem solving and diagnostic skills.
– BS/BA degree.
– Excellent product delivery skills.
– Functional knowledge in one or more areas of the Momentum software suite or equivalent software package
– Experience with web, mobile, and RPA applications.
– Experience working with brand new applications or legacy applications.
– Experience working with a remote team.
– Not accepting visa sponsorship for this opportunity
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change – supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at ***********.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at ********************************. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
* Solutions Architecture
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/130914 →