We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Solution Architect to join our team in Reston, Virginia to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Available September 2018 !
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsible for application architecture and the implementation of the technical solution. Ensures architecture is consistent, flexible, scalable and meets relevant security standards. Reviews and approves the proposed architecture. Reviews proposed enhancements to validate feasibility and assists with scoping and estimating work. Works closely with Operations teams, to analyze production performance and recommend ways to optimize and scale existing solutions.
In addition to the following below:
– Participate in planning, definition, and high-level design of the solution and build in quality
– Actively participate in the development of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics
– Define architecture diagrams with interfaces
– Work with customers and stakeholders to help establish the solution intent information models and documentation requirements
– Collaborate with stakeholders to establish critical nonfunctional requirements at the solution level
– Work with senior leadership and technical leads to develop, analyze, split, and realize the implementation of enabler epics
– Participate in PI Planning and Pre- and Post-PI Planning, System and Solution Demos, and Inspect and Adapt events
– Define and develop value stream and program Enablers to evolve solution intent, work directly with Agile teams to implement
– Plan and develop the Architectural Runway in support of upcoming business Features and Capabilities
– Work with Management to determine capacity allocation for enablement work
– Design highly complex solutions with potentially multiple applications and high transaction volumes.
– Analyze a problem from business and technical perspective to develop a fit solution
– Ability to document structure, behavior and work to deliver a solution to a problem to stakeholder and developers
– Make recommendations about platform and technology adoption, including database servers, application servers, libraries, and frameworks
– Write proof-of-concept code (may also participate in writing production code)
– Keep skills up to date through ongoing self-directed training
– Advise senior management on how products and processes could be improved
– Help application developers to adopt new platforms through documentation, training, and mentoring
– Create architecture documentation
– Deep understanding of industry patterns for application architecture and integration
– Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical details
– Ability to come up with a detailed architecture that includes infra, security, disaster recovery/BCP plans
– US Citizenship with a DoD Secret clearance.
– 12+ years of experience in IT Solution application design, development & delivery with focus in application architecture
– 5+ years of experience in building multi-tier and SOA based applications using an applicable skill set such as J2EE or .NET
– Experience using modern software development practices and technologies, including Lean, Agile, DevOps, Cloud, containers, and microservices.
– Dev & Unit Test tools such as Eclipse, git, JFrog Artifactory, Docker, JUnit, SonarQube, Contrast (or Fortify)
– Expert using relevant tools to support development, testing, operations and deployment (e.g. Atlassian Jira, Chef (or Maven), Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, New Relic, Atlassian HipChat, Selenium, Apache JMeter, BlazeMeter)
– Experience architecting or creating systems around Open Source, COTS and custom development
– Experience in designing SSO solution using SAML, XACML protocols.
– Experience on multiple application development projects with similar responsibilities
– Demonstrated experience in utilizing frameworks like Struts, Spring, and Hibernate
Education / Security Clearance:
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4395
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 11720 Plaza America Drive
Reston, VA 20190
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.