What you’ll be doing…
As a Solutions Architect (SA), you’ll fulfill the role of trusted technical adviser for Federal clients under the Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) MSA contract and other large non-EIS Federal contracts and opportunities. You will act as the technical solutions lead for internal and external solution development including proposals, Request for Proposals, Request for Quotes, and Request for Information (RFPs, RFQs, and RFIs) by putting together solutions across multi-towers (Cloud, Security, Networking, Voice, UCC, Contact Center, Wireless, IoT), supporting literature, diagrams, write-ups, responses, and presentations.
As the Solutions Architect you will:
– Integral part of the sales team to identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key Client technical objections and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
– Own the technical relationship with clients, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, coordination of additional technical resources, and obtaining Client requirements and translates these into a (Client specific) Solution Design and/or Verizon Enterprise offer.
– Leads solution definition and solution design both internal within Verizon Enterprise as well as towards the Client.
– Leads prioritization of Client solution / technical requirements and champions resolution of solution / product gaps internally.
– Work with potential Client to analyze IT infrastructure for potential opportunities to demonstrate Verizon Enterprise solution’s unique capabilities.
– Articulates the Verizon Enterprise vision on technologies and solutions towards the Client; positions Verizon Enterprise as thought leader on key technological developments.
– Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
– Travel to Client sites, conferences, and other related events as required.
– Eligibility to obtain and maintain an active US Government Security clearance.
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
– Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, or four or more years of work experience.
– Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
– A degree.
– 4+ years in a Pre-sales or customer-facing consulting capacity or other relevant technical experience.
– Experience presenting and delivering technical pitches demonstrating the value of proposed Verizon solutions.
– Strong competency in generating solution documentation for both internal stakeholders and clients in the form of written solution explanations, diagrams, slides, documents, spreadsheets.
– Demonstrated ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions.
– Government Integrator experience.
– Experience in sales or service of Government customers.
– Advanced design and experience in at least three of the following:
– Data and IP Services (MPLS, SIP, internet, VPN, SDN, NFV, SDWAN);
– Voice Services (Circuit Switched Voice, IP Voice, SIP Trunking)
– Access Technologies (TDM, Ethernet);
– Network Operations (Managed Services for WLAN, LAN, WAN, IP PBX, Automation/Orchestration);
– Security (DDOS, FW, IDS, WAF, DDI, SIEM, Analytics, Micro-segmentation);
– Call Center Technologies (ACD, IVR, Call Recording, Toll Free Services);
– Cloud and Data Center Outsourcing (application management, compute and storage, virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS);
– Wireless technologies (IoT);
– IT Applications Management (SOA, Web Services).
– Security, architecture, and industry certifications such as (CISSP, TOGAFv9, ITIL, Cisco CCNA or CCNP, CCSK, Avaya, Amazon, Microsoft).
– Functional knowledge in leading technology network and security vendor portfolios such as Cisco, Avaya, Viptela, Versa, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Riverbed, Juniper, and more.
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.