The Programmer consults with technical and end-user staff members in all areas of the Company. Deliver the development, maintenance, and support of application software in use at the SPLC.
- Writes or modifies applications software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business problems or questions;
- Develops statements of problems, designs systems and programs, and writes programs in computer language for a solution by means of computer equipment;
- Modifies and tests programs in development environment for release to production environment;
- Troubleshoots issues reported in production environment;
- Coordinates with Quality Control in final resolution of issues and production release of programs;
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software;
- Integrates back-end databases by using best practices in database development;
- Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls;
- Assists with system operations, including user account maintenance, uploads/downloads, global changes to data, query writing and script development;
- Uses tools to develop new application functionality;
Researches new versions of application suite to determine technical impact of upgrades.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, information systems, business administration or related course of study; or an equivalent combination of training/education and technology related work experience;
- 5 year + relevant experience in programming and analysis;
Strong knowledge of Microsoft SQL, including ability to write SQL scripts, stored procedures and functions;
- Working experience using Microsoft BI software (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS);
- Knowledge of Blackbaud CRM a major plus;
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required;
- Able to perform effectively in a diverse team-oriented environment that focuses on customer service excellence;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ability to communicate and explain solutions to developers, other programming analysts, deployment resources, and business associates;
Team and solution oriented;
- Must be forward thinking and able to identify opportunities for improvement.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers-splcenter.icims.com/jobs/1210/programmer/job?mobile=false&width=1044&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300 →