Job TitleSQL Server/DBA – ID:30523
Job SkillsDBA, SQL, Oracle, T-SQL, MS Office
Our client is looking to hire a SQL Server DBA..
– Work as a member of a geographically-distributed DBA team, supporting multiple data centers around the world.
– Participate in on-call support rotation for a 24×7, client-facing production environment.
– Ensure client meets its contractual commitments and established SLAs, including for system uptime.
– Work closely with all IT teams to implement highly available database environments.
– Resolve trouble tickets and troubleshoot highly critical production environments, with 99.925% uptime SLAs.
– Manage all aspects of database administration in a Windows Server clustered environment including planning, developing standards, installation, configuration, backups, optimization, maintenance, and monitoring of SQL Server databases.
– Architect, design, install and configure large and complex databases with high-availability and offsite disaster recovery, utilizing Microsoft Clustering, fault tolerant SAN storage for databases and NAS for backups.
– Implement systems for monitoring database jobs and system activity, and profiling for load and performance bottlenecks.
– Follow ITIL best practices, including Change Management, Incident Management and Problem Management.
– Assist with audits and certification and maintain compliance with requirements.
– Work on automation and process improvements using Powershell and T-SQL.
Requirements and Skills
– 5+ years IT Operations with strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and best practices.
– 10+ years Microsoft SQL Server administration experience, preferably in a hosting and/or corporate 24×7, highly available environment.
– Solid understanding of best practices for SQL Server administration.
– Thorough understanding of relational database design and concepts.
– Expert skills in T/SQL scripting and stored procedures.
– Comprehensive knowledge of SQL Server engine internals, query execution plans, query optimization and performance tuning.
– In-depth knowledge of backup and recovery options.
– Experience supporting web-based hosted applications.
– Practical experience with SQL Server clustering installation and trouble shooting.
– Self-motivated with the ability to be proactive and work well under tight deadlines and flexible hours.
– Team player with strong intercommunication skills and the ability to provide clear documentation of production processes as necessary.
– Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
– Mentor and train junior DBA’s as and when necessary.
– Familiarity in setting up actionable alerts to proactively manage systems
– BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
– Experience managing and tuning large, multi-terabyte SQL Server databases in a SAAS environment.
– Experience configuring the monitoring of SQL Server databases utilizing SentrySQL and/or Solarwinds highly advantages.
– MCDBA, MCITP-DBA, or MCSE certifications a plus.
– MS Analysis Services, MS Reporting Services, or equivalent experiences with similar technologies a plus.
– Experience with Microsoft IIS, and Active Directory preferred.
– Knowledge of developing and deploying business continuity and disaster recovery strategies is preferred.
– Knowledge in using Powershell scripts, Central Management Server and SQL Server Policy Based Management.
– Experience in other database technologies like Oracle, MySQL, PostGres and MongoDB.
Who is Calance?
Calance is a global IT company with operations in the United States, Canada and India. Over the years, Calance has grown organically and has acquired numerous successful IT Services firms along the way. As a result, the company today is a mix of diverse cultures, talents and expertise that collaborate globally to bring our best capabilities and thinking to clients. Calance also offers benefits which includes Medical, Dental, Vision care and 401K.
Calance – the place to grow.
Send To Email / Remind Me
Send Now Send TonightSend TomorrowSend Next Week
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/78052 →