Client Reference Code: 205317
Charter Communications is America’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products. Charter is at the intersection of technology and entertainment, facilitating essential communications that connect 24 million residential and business customers in 41 states. Our commitment to serving customers and exceeding their expectations is the bedrock of Charter’s business strategy and it’s the philosophy that guides our 90,000 employees.
The Senior Cyber Security Specialist will serve as the technical lead for the IT Security and Compliance Assurance group. The successful candidate will ensure accurate and timely completion of IT Security and Compliance Assurance objectives which reduce the risk of cyber threats to the business by applying a solid understanding of the Cyber Security threats faced by the organization. The candidate will leverage their knowledge of Cyber Security threats to support and guide the assessment and evaluation of security controls; continuous monitoring of existing security controls; work with and build relationships with the technical business stakeholders to successfully mitigate security risk to the business through the continuous security monitoring process and the development and publication of security assurance metrics. Experience working within a large corporate IT environment to influence change via professional and creative approaches. The individual will have a strong technical background in Windows and UNIX operating systems as well as a solid knowledge of network systems. The individual must have strong knowledge and experience in implementation and ongoing management of compliance programs for the Cyber Security Framework, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), Payment Card Industry – Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS) or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).This position requires an individual with excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with the various corporate senior management and technical staff.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to review, interpret and explain complex security requirements to executive and IT management, IT staff, peers and non-technical team members as required to drive understanding, awareness, adoption where required.
- The technical ability to interact with IT Operational teams with an understanding of their operational requirements and as aligned with IT Security and Compliance requirements.
- Be capable of generating and leading formal and/or informal presentations to customers and project team members.
- Evaluate IT Security and Compliance processes and provide recommendations for process improvement opportunities.
- Identify IT Security controls related to a number of regulatory frameworks such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA and Cybersecurity Framework.
- Guide a team in the development of a Security Continuous Monitoring program.
- Provide technical guidance on internal IT Security and Compliance monitoring efforts.
- Serve as the technical lead for internal customer IT Security and Compliance initiatives.
- Builds and manages relationships with Sr. Management, clients, and staff within IT Security and Compliance to promote awareness of and drive effective Security and Compliance programs.
- Responsible for ensuring that communication between IT Security and Compliance and IT Operations team is clear and concise and to act as a mediator when needed.
- Presents root cause and trending analysis reports regarding security and compliance programs to Sr. IT Management, Client and peers to drive awareness and continued improvement.
- Leads project team, peers or junior staff to execute program activities.
- Applies expertise to achieve financial and operational objectives.
- Supports team efforts to meet individual, team and department performance objectives.
- Develops and retains key talent; consistently provides opportunities for growth of technical skills and other interpersonal skills for assigned staff.
- Proven subject matter expertise in a variety of Security requirements area such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA, NIST, Cybersecurity and/or other federal, state and industry areas of compliance.
- A strong overall IT knowledge is required. A solid understanding of OS’s, IP networks, and database and application functionality are a plus. The Senior Cyber Security Specialist will be able to participate in technical discussions with IT Operations personnel and to be able to explain Charter technical security requirements clearly and concisely to assist the business in achieving our IT Security and Compliance goals.
- Soft skills are essential as a Senior Cyber Security Specialist may be required to assist in clarifying technical concepts to personnel with only a basic understanding of the topic or to present a technical environment or concept to non-technical staff.
- Communicates security and compliance observations and prepares written documentation or reports as it relates to continuous monitoring efforts.
- Demonstrates strong executive presence in meetings to drive awareness and improve compliance controls and programs.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with Senior Leadership, IT Staff and peers as demonstrated through an effective and efficient compliance program.
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and time management. Ability to manage multiple tasks / projects while ensuring deadlines are met.
- Have a systematic approach to problem solving and an ability to follow project management processes to manage on-time deliverables.
- Knowledge of File Integrity Monitoring process, Firewall Review process, Data Loss Prevention and Patch Management Methodologies a plus.
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional
- CISM – Certified Information Security Technologist
- CISA – Certified Information Systems Auditor
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or equivalent training, education and experience.
Related Work Experience
8 years experience designing or configuring systems and/or applications
4 years Relational Database Design and Maintenance
Experience working in Telecommunications industry a plus
Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple technology stacks
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
Job Code : TWCIGN350 Technologist Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/50278 →