Job Title: Sr Data Analyst – ENG******
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
The Merck Research Labs (MRL) IT Engineering group is seeking a highly motivated individual responsible to strengthen the data interoperability across our various operational and analytics systems. This role will be responsible for discovering and documenting data in existing systems, identifying needs for downstream use of data, and designing data pipelines to support those needs. In this role, you will work closely with the business architects, system technical owners, Master Data Management team, data governance bodies, and various IT platforms across our IT hubs.
Major responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
– Identify data needs to support key business initiatives focused on cross functional and analytics programs
– Discover and document data into various systems required to meet business initiative needs
– Map source data into downstream system and analytics systems
– Work with key information architects to design data pipeline across our various clinical, regulatory, and safety systems
– Work with internally created and externally acquired data
– Perform appropriate technical analysis within systems to ensure data needs of programs are met
– Identify data quality challenges which would need to be address to solve business needs
– Work closely with key solution architects, development leads, and key engineers to integrate the data pipelines into various programs
– Partner with data governance groups to drive stronger data governance, data quality, and improve data utilization across Merck
Education Minimum Requirement:
– B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields.
Required Experience and Skills:
– 5 years of experience in data integrations, data warehouse, or big data development
– 3 years data analysis skills with proven experience to design data integrations and analytics metrics creation
– Ability to solve complex data integration challenges
– Ability to diagnose data challenges to integrate information across a diverse system landscape
– Agile and lean product development mindset
– Experience with software design patterns, architecture specifications and full software life cycle
– Experience with SDLC documentation principles and practice
– Interest in newest technologies and willingness to learn
– Ability to work independently with excellent communication skills that cross language/culture/geographic boundaries
– Excellent attention to detail and a passion for continuous improvement
– Skills and proven experience in the driving data integration and data warehousing/data lake implementations
Preferred Experience and Skills:
– Information architecture experience
– Experience in establishing or maturing data governance practices
– Experience with data extraction tools (SQL, Python, etc)
– Experience with data analysis tools
– 2 years of pharmaceutical related experience
– GxP development experience is a plus
– Ability to understand strategic IT goals in order to be able to execute own tasks in support of technology integration initiatives
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
Job Engineering, Development & Integration
Primary Location NA-US-NJ-Branchburg, NA-US-NJ-Rahway
Other Locations Regular
Employee Status Yes, 5 % of the Time
Number Of Openings 1st
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.