If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you’ll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Through our retirement plans and insurance products and services, we help people achieve financial well-being and peace of mind. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way. IT at The Standard: When you work at The Standard, you are part of a company that provides customers financial well-being and peace of mind. As a member of our IT team, you work side by side with the business, pursuing strategic opportunities for our company. It’s an exciting time with new products, new distribution channels and new customer needs that are driving big investments in technology. At The Standard, we are large enough for big opportunities and small enough for big impact. What The Standard Offers:
- An opportunity to be part of a fast-paced team with lots of exciting things in front of them.
- A world-class location in the heart of downtown Portland, Oregon; One of today’s most vibrant cities. The Standard’s campus is surrounded by food carts, breweries, restaurants, and an eclectic mix of local shopping.
- Bike lockers, multiple exercise rooms, locker rooms & showers, and access to almost every transit line within a block.
- Competitive salary and benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401(k) with company match.
Were looking for passionate and driven individuals to join our Portland-based Data and Analytics team, including this Sr. Data Engineer role to drive new initiatives on the Microsoft (Azure) Data Platform. Data is core to our business, and tapping this data for competitive advantage is a real opportunity. As a senior member of our team, you’ll bring your extensive background with both traditional data architectures and modern data platforms like the Hadoop Ecosystem to help modernize our data and analytics space. You’ll partner closely with business and IT stakeholders to understand the data and insight needed to power operational performance, customer experience and competitive advantage. And, you’ll lead foundational implementation of these capabilities, working with and mentoring motivated engineers, analysts and business teams to prove architecture while delivering real business value.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Information Systems or similar technical field of study OR Equivalent work experience.
- Hands-on experience with modern big data technologies like Hadoop/Spark; Microsoft Azure Data Platform experience highly preferred, including HDInsight, Data Lake Store, Data Lake Analytics, and Machine Learning capabilities.
- Deep experience with traditional data warehousing approaches and environments, preferably with the Microsoft BI stack (SQL, SSIS et al.), using extensive background with data analysis and dimensional modeling, SQL expertise, and strong understanding of how to deliver the right model to nimbly solve business problems.
- A clear understanding of data architectural patterns and best practices, and where to apply newer approaches like data lake vs. more traditional data warehousing patterns as best fit-for-purpose and architectural alignment.
- Data analysis and modeling expertise, including transactional, analytical and other non-relational database designs for business applications, from data analysis through conceptual, logical and physical models targeting leading RDMS.
- ETL (ELT) development experience using tools like SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and Azure Data Factory/U-SQL, sourcing data from many disparate systems and applying strong experience with best integration patterns and standards
- Database code development and optimization skills, with expertise in query languages like T-SQL, PL/SQL and NoSQL languages and APIs.
- Experience with languages like Python, C#, R, Java and Scala.
- Data service design and development understanding based on deep acumen with underlying data models, platform capabilities and data usage
- Semantic model understanding, including using tools like SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Analytics/visualization experience with tools like Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar, and a clear understanding of data consumption patterns and how to effectively present data.
- Experience with data quality and security standards and practices, using data lifecycle and classification experience to deliver safe and credible information.
- A strong working knowledge of data governance practices and standards.
- Excellent communication skills, able to switch between technical and business contexts, and to effectively communicate at all organizational levels.
- A strategic and practical mindset, able to drive conceptual conversations and planning with business and IT, and then to actively participate in delivery.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, possessing both technical and interpersonal skills necessary to solve complex business issues with the right technology.
- A team perspective, able to build key relationships across IT and business to enable effective, efficient delivery for customers, with a demonstrated ability to take personal ownership of systems and or platforms while working within a team.
- Quality-orientation, considering and instilling quality in every aspect of the job function.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable. For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/116896 →