As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Do you find that you see patterns or opportunities that others don’t see? Do you enjoying asking questions and analyzing data to deepen your knowledge? Do you like to challenge historical assumptions and recommend new ways to drive action based on data driven insights? Do you like to find the best way to tackle a problem and share the approach with others?
General Mills is seeking a Sr. Data Scientist to join an established and growing data science team in the Global Business Solutions shared services organization. Our team is the Data Science center-of-excellence for General Mills, tasked with serving functional data science and analytics teams through the whole Fortune 500 organization. Some of our projects include demand forecasting, text classification, operational analytics, and pricing optimization. We are looking for candidates who enjoy solving new, difficult problems, working with diverse internal business partners, and who can deliver continual improvement in both themselves and those they work with.
Solve business problems
– Develop novel ways to help business partners meet objectives utilizing cutting edge techniques and tools
– Advocate and educate on the value of data driven decision making focusing on the ‘how and why’ of solving problems
– Lead analytic approach within cross-functional projects
Create exemplary analytic data products
– Utilize machine learning on the General Mills Hadoop Data Lake to create repeatable, dynamic & scalable models
– Engineer features by using your business acumen to find new ways to combine disparate data sources
your passion for Data Science
– Curate and connect external data sets for broad enterprise-wide analytic usage
– Identify and develop long-term data science processes, frameworks, tools, and standards
– Collaborate, coach, and learn with a growing team of experienced Data Scientists
– Bachelor’s Degree required, MS or PhD preferred
– Bachelor’s in Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics and 5+ years experience required OR Graduate degree in quantitative discipline and demonstrated Data Science skill set, plus 2+ years work experience
Leadership and business qualifications
– Exceptional communication & collaboration skills to understand business partner needs & deliver solutions
– Exemplary organizational skills with attention to detail & accuracy
– Bias for action, with ability to deliver outstanding results through task prioritization & time management
– Demonstrated ability to efficiently learn and solve new business domains and problems
– Ability to coach, mentor, and collaborate with business partners, analysts, and team members
– Experience with ecommerce, web analytics, search engine optimization, or supply chain transportation desired
– Must have Python or R proficiency working with DataFrames
– Must have proficiency writing complex SQL queries
– Must have proficiency leveraging Machine Learning to solve problems
– e.g. Clustering, Classification, Neural Networks, Regression, Anomaly Detection, Ensemble Models
– Must have proven ability to merge and transform disparate internal + external data sets in multiple formats
– Experience with Git repositories, version control, and/or code reviews strongly preferred
– Experience with Big Data technologies desired Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Spark, ******
– Experience with data visualization tools desired Tableau, Spotfire, R Shiny, Plotly
– Experience with deploying and monitoring models desired
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with General Mills (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
on Company Website
Job ID: 8685
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Mills Inc.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Hagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie’s, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015. Contact Info
– Minneapolis, MN
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.