Job Title: Sr. Database Administrator
Requisition Number: 23194
Position Type: Full Time
The Sr. Database Administrator – Oracle is responsible for all aspects of database administration including: installation, upgrades, configuration, backup, recovery, security, performance analysis and capacity planning for single instance, standby and clustered environments.
Job Duties: Primary Duties:
– Participates in the evaluation, design, implementation, maintenance, support, and enhancement of sophisticated database systems and technologies
– Collaborates with all members of IT to ensure successful application and database implementations
– Assists in solving production problems in a timely manner, including off hours and weekend support when necessary
– Troubleshoots database and application errors
– Backup and recovery
– Database performance tuning and monitoring
– Work closely with vendor support services
– Assists vendor support services as well as IT team members to quickly resolve problems
– Installs, configures, and integrates third party applications and tools as needed
– Serves as a source of guidance and information to team
– Other duties as required and assigned
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Job Duties as documented in this job description are considered Essential Functions and have been created by the standards of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The standards of the Americans with Disabilities Act (1990) require that employees be able to perform Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the Essential Functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field from a 4 year college or university
– Minimum 5 years experience as a Database Administrator
– Oracle Enterprise Manager grid control 12c setup, job scheduling, configuration and management
– Experience with 11g RAC and Data guard required
– Experience with Exadata, Goldengate and Oracle 12c Database preferred
– Experience with Oracle 12c Multitenant a plus Essential Skills:
– Solid organizational and prioritizing skills
– Capable of working with limited supervision, and leading other team members
– Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical documentation
– Team player, customer service driven
– Ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical users
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.