Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Requisition ID: 6942
Curious? We get it. We are too.
The Technology Group at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) is a dynamic team of technology professionals dedicated to the nimble delivery of quality educational content for the evolving digital age. Not your traditional IT house, the Technology Group actively partners with functions across the business ecosystem to develop and deliver applications and platforms to a diverse range of digital channels.
Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure and Operations, this role is responsible for driving the definition and continuous improvement of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt production cloud technology infrastructure and associated operational procedures.
As a key member of the I/O management team, this individual will be responsible for overseeing the creation and execution of the HMH production cloud strategy. In addition to driving the effectiveness of the technology infrastructure and operations team, this individual will also need to work across the organization to ensure advances in process and technology are fully exploited though out the company.
This role is also responsible for the central management of any incidents, ensuring they are resolved efficiently and then working across technology to establish the root cause; providing strategic input to ensure any underlying issues are fully remediated. Finally, this individual will also own any actions that are raised through the various audit processes and ensuring they are fully remediated.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement production cloud technology strategy
- Ability to work cross collaborate with engineering and other parts of the business to provide consulting support and cross train
- Drive optimization and transformation of legacy platforms DevOps teams in engineering
- Created definition of the overall cloud strategy
- Follows industry advances and develops relevant strategic plans and proposals that exploit technology advances in order to drive revenue, reduce cost or reduce risk
- Regularly benchmarks current services against internal & external delivery models to provide optimal pricing and ability to directly link cost to demand where appropriate
- Has delivered high standards of support for production systems
- Was accountable for all incidents
- Developed and executed on a clear documented process, adhering to agreed standards and effective procedures to ensure the entire loop from detection to closure is completed
- Has been responsible for overall maturity status of the system including the security, DR, hosting tiers of the production environment
- Is an effective project manager
- Has experience delivering agreed benefits and meet time, budget and quality standards agreed
- Demonstrated accountability for all changes to the production environment including asset and licensing tracking
- Demonstrated leadership that drives their organization consistently meets its objectives on time, to budget, to quality standards agreed
- Has built and developed staff talent
- Has managed their organization’s resources to ensure there is sufficient staff, with the right skills and experience to meet the service delivery standards agreed with the business
- Has a history of recruiting and talented in technical and process functions
- Experience with fiscal and process management
- Has develop and/or executed appropriate process, governance and controls that ensure full protection of the production environment, in line with internal and external audit requirements and recognized industry best practice
- Played an active part in the continuous improvement of quality processes and standards
- Has managed budget responsibility
- 7+ years of IT Management experience with a proven track record of success operating in a complex, global, fast paced environment is required, startup background is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in IT infrastructure and/or application functions including leading software engineering or managing development teams
- 5+ years of experience in successfully deploying Cloud Technology and Enterprise adoption in a global setting with a focus on either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure i
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps model
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meeting
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/12229 →