Nashville, Tenn.-based Bridgestone Americas, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of Bridgestone Corporation, the world’s largest tire and rubber company. Bridgestone Americas and its subsidiaries develop, manufacture and market a wide range of Bridgestone, Firestone and associate brand tires to address the needs of a broad range of customers, including consumers, automotive and commercial vehicle original equipment manufacturers, and those in the agricultural, forestry and mining industries. The companies are also engaged in retreading operations throughout the Western Hemisphere and produce air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. The Bridgestone Americas family of companies also operates the world’s largest chain of automotive tire and service centers. Guided by its One Team, One Planet message, the company is dedicated to achieving a positive environmental impact in all of the communities it calls home.
Process System Development is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer with Curing, ASRS, Final Inspection, Tire Test/tire manufacturing process experience to join the Curing, Final, Tire Test group.
Previous Experience with Curing Presses/Autoclaves, Tire Uniformity Optimizer, Tire Test Machines, NEC, NFPA, ISO, Risk Assessment, Functional Safety Design Process, Control Systems design, Quality check and Quality assurance programs, hydraulic and pneumatic systems design, OSHA LOTO Project Management methodology, MS Project software, Electrical diagrams, Temperature, Pressure, Flow sensor/transmitters, Material handling, conveyors, pneumatic and airless paint systems is desirable.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an engineer that will leverage its individual expertise to advance Bridgestone’s tire manufacturing capability by providing engineering solutions to get our products out the door, be a trusted partner delivering exceptional engineering performance and will posses the capability of combining big picture perspective with practical know-how to lead the future of engineering to achieve superior tire manufacturing capability.
Candidate to identify with PSD guiding principles; being candid in expressing points of view, be courageous, be collaborative and committed to the PSD cause. Be subject matter expert by continuously expanding the knowledge base; leveraging both internal and external enterprise-wide best practices. Deliver professional services with personal customer interaction, clear direction, regular follow-up and extended warranties. Create and maintain standards for equipment, processes, safety and services PSD provides. Be the role model for others to follow by showing how, rather than telling what others must do. Encourage innovation and creative responses to technical challenges. Practice “abundance mentality" in how we educate, coach and develop the PSD team and all with whom we interact.
The engineer will support and implement PSD policies and activities related to Project Delivery, Cost Control, Quality, Environmental, Safety and Fire prevention.
This position will report to the Curing, Final Finish and Tire Test engineering manager.
- Senior engineer leading work efforts and/or projects with substantial risk, business impact, and complex engineering challenges. Leads and mentors other engineers, and disseminates new engineering knowledge throughout the organization.
- Serves as a leading expert in their area(s) of expertise, consulting across the organization to advance business goals, and to enhance engineering expertise, thereby “raising the bar” of technical expertise in the organization.
- Leads Rank A projects or programs that involve large expenditures, significant business risk, involve the integration of multiple engineering disciplines, and have significant long term implications for the business.
- Accountable to resolve A Rank problems – recurring issues that have been problematic for a while and typically require a cross-discipline response.
- Proposes new initiatives that will provide significant, “breakthrough” or discontinuous benefits to the business.
- Leads the application of new technologies or technical challenges to develop a new product, organizational capabilities, solve unique problems, etc.
- Builds significant professional networks and brings new technical knowledge into the organization and ensures it is disseminated throughout the Bridgestone technical community.
- SME for Safety Design Process, Risk Assesment methodology, Functional Safety design expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a related technical degree and 10+ years of experience or a Master’s Degree and 8+ years of experience, or a PhD and 5+ years of experience.
- Certifications for specialized areas of knowledge as applicable for roles and responsibilities as applicable.
- Examples include Functional Safety Engineer, Project Management Professional, etc.
- Certifications for specialized areas of knowledge as applicable for roles and responsibilities such as Functional Safety Engineer TUV Rheiland certification ,PMI Project Management Professional certification, OSHA training, PE license.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/106076 →