The z/OS Storage Administrator function is a hands-on, client facing support role responsible for administering policies, procedures and best practices in Storage Administration. This function spans all mainframe disk subsystems (DS8K & XIV) virtual tape systems and their associated data replication solutions across multiple locations.
* Administer and maintain DFSMS policies and constructs
* Respond to all requests for storage resource increases and decreases
* Proactively monitor storage pool utilization and adjust as needed
* On-going maintenance of system and user data backups
* Respond to ad-hoc user requests
* Define GDGs
* Define system alias
* Perform CA-1 catalog maintenance as needed
* Maintain scratch pools
* Review and validate tape retention criteria
* Maintain consistency with Operating System catalogs
* Perform routine catalog maintenance
* Monitoring and administration of DFHSM
* Define, maintain and continue to enhance disaster recovery procedures
* Ensure all documentation is up to date
* On-call support rotation
* Minimum education/experience of 8 years with a BA/BS or 14 years without degree.
* In-depth knowledge of z/OS, CICS and DB2
* Experience configuring Work Load Manager
* Advanced skills with SAS Programming, MXG Software, BMC Mainview or equivalent monitoring tools, Capacity / Performance reporting, Batch / On-line tuning
* Must be results oriented with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
* Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision
* Share in 24X7 on-call responsibilities
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you have a passion for programming and find yourself asking "I wonder if I could do it this way"? Our software engineering teams start with strategy and then create, test and deploy our client and patient applications. The result? Innovative, high-performing, scalable user-facing solutions relied on by millions every day. We work in an Agile environment, partnering with teams across the organization to craft exceptional applications – with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes for the 83 million patients we serve.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/101905 →