Job TitleSr. Network Engineer – ID:30534
Job SkillsCIsco, Data Center experience
This position designs and maintains the hardware and software necessary for a hardened computer network. Provide high level technical analysis with a specialty in Local Area Networks (LANs) or Wide Area Networks (WANs). Focus on network design, performance, maintenance, problem resolution and hardware configuration
– Design, configure, test, and maintain LAN/WAN equipment and related services for Web support
– Lead in the diagnosis, and resolve complex network problems
– Select network devices, and set network policies that adhere to Security guidelines
– Create and maintain comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks
– Maintain and support company’s LAN/WAN environment and Web Hosting Services
– Direct the maintenance, problem resolution and hardware configurations
– Direct the maintenance of all Firewalls and approve requested rule changes in the Firewall Review Board meetings
– Participate in 24×7 on-call and escalations, ensuring that Networking staff are fully trained to support all aspects of the network.
– Obtain and maintain required certifications
– Act as SME in the definition and policy making of network and security protocols.
– Comply with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
– Education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
– Minimum 7 years work experience
– Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices, setting and maintaining policies and rights within a network environment
– Expert knowledge with the following equipment or disciplines:
o Content Switches/Load Balancers
o Cisco and HP network switches
o Cisco routers
o Cisco VPN
o Juniper equipment
o Dell servers
– Strong understanding of common network monitoring and security utilities, Data Center technologies, securing local and remote networks and routing
protocols (i.e. BGP, OSPF, EIGRP).
– A thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking
– Basic understanding of virtualization and its impact on network designs. Familiar with ESX and vSwitch technology.
– A practical level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, HTTPS, SFTP, SSH,
SSL, SMTP, etc.
– Troubleshooting focused on determining hardware vs. software, hardware vs. firmware, software vs. operating system, network vs. application/systems,
and patterned vs. non-repeatable problems
– Ability to prioritize and multitask
– Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Approved background and drug screen is required.
Send To Email / Remind Me
Send Now Send TonightSend TomorrowSend Next Week
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/130397 →