Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Job Requisition ID: 7291
Curious? We get it. We are too.
The Technology Group at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (HMH) is a dynamic team of technology professionals dedicated to the nimble delivery of quality educational content for the evolving digital age. Not your traditional IT house, the Technology Group actively partners with functions across the business ecosystem to develop and deliver applications and platforms to a diverse range of digital channels.
The Senior Network Engineer will play a critical role in helping to define network architecture & best practices for the HMH enterprise and will be responsible for leading projects to develop and implement scalable solutions for LAN / WLAN / WAN / Data Center / Cloud services and ensure that initiatives support the corporate vision.
As a Senior Network Engineer, the successful candidate must have experience supporting large enterprise networks, and a demonstrated competency in driving network architecture & strategy. The ideal candidate will have experience interconnecting corporate networks with cloud providers (AWS, Azure, etc) and a strong background in WAN routing and architecture.
- Accountable for enterprise-wide system performance with regards to networking and the underlying components, primarily Cisco networking (routing, switching, wireless)
- Proactively collaborate with other technology departments and related business units to increase system efficiencies, document system architecture and define long-term design strategies
- Analyze business requirements and ensure that solutions meet established networking and company policies and controls.
- Partner with business owners & application teams to define and enhance technology solutions to meet business, performance, and security requirements
- Review on an ongoing basis existing networks and systems to recommend process and system improvements, as well as policy changes related to IT networking and system architecture
- Demonstrate knowledge of applicable industry networking standards, hardware and software controls, and emerging networking and security issues
- Serves as a key resource to work with various technical teams to diagnose and troubleshoot complex and/or critical issues with networking and system considerations (On-Call rotation as required)
- Minimum of 8 years supporting large scale enterprise networks
- CCNA, CCNP or comparable level of experience
- Experience with Cisco switching and routing technologies
- Experience with Cisco Firewall, VPN, WLANs and ACS technologies
- Expert level knowledge of Cisco Routing (BGP, EIGRP and OSPF)
- SDWAN, MPLS and Internet routing expertise a must
- Working knowledge and expertise in LAN and Internet topologies and protocols
- Experience with SAP, AWS and Azure
- Ability to identify and recommend network changes to improve efficiency and lower costs
- Ability to work independently and with a team to support corporate network and projects
- Network project ownership, leadership and status reporting as needed
- Cisco video conferencing experience a plus
- Solarwinds experience a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager a plus
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- The person in this position needs to move about inside office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people’s lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K–12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children’s books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/762 →