Configuration Management Project Manager. Need a strong PM who knows what to do (minimal hand-holding) and knows when to escalate. Strengths include removing roadblocks, identifying priorities, and moving the deliverable forward. Charter has been defined and scope management will be important in order to align with charter and keep project on track.
* Update and enhance Configuration Management Database (CMDB) and processes to enable Service Mapping, Impact Analysis, and Change Governance.
* Automate CI Discovery, provide reporting, analysis, and RCA.
* Service Mapping
* Application Mapping
* CI Discovery and Automation
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF SR. PROJECT MANAGER:
Responsible for the management of one or more medium to large-sized, highly complex projects. Manages the entire project lifecycle from project definition through implementation. Accountable for meeting agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality measures. Develops project plan and drives project milestones. Establishes effective communication plan with project team and key stakeholders. Provides day-to-day direction to project resources. Ensures effective change management occurs throughout the course of the project. Responsible for preparation of documentation, status reports and budgets. Role requires excellent oral and written communications, interpersonal, negotiation, project planning, judgment, leadership, decision-making, analysis and problem-solving skills.
SYSTEM AND TOOL KNOWLEDGE:
* MS Project
* SharePoint (file repository)
PROJECT-SPECIFIC EXPERIENCE (Must Have)
* 10+ Years in project management or involvement on projects (with minimum 5 years on technical projects)
* Strong project leadership
* Experience working with vendors and internal technical team members
* Ensure team members are accountable for completing assigned project tasks
* Track timelines and budgets (financials)
* Create summaries for senior leadership team (SLT) and executive level
* Understanding of hardware, software
* Understanding of configuration management systems (servers, hardware, software, roles/people, licenses, interactions among assets, usage for support & maintenance.
* Proficient at relying on extensive experience to plan and accomplish tasks
* Leadership/Contributions: Leads and directs the work assigned to others.
* Experience leading teams to ensure team members are accountable for completing assigned project tasks
EXPERIENCE (Nice to Have)
* PMP or advanced degree preferred
* ITIL or similar hardware & infrastructure experience.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/52619 →