Thermo Fisher Scientific
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The staff electrical engineer will be part of a larger engineering team tasked with hardware design, development, and support of our flow cytometry products. Candidate job responsibilities will include primary design of electrical and electronic subsystems and managing and participating in projects that result in new product introductions and improved system performance on existing platforms. The candidate will be a member of a collaborative team that includes mechanical, software, firmware, and bio engineers as well as scientists from biology and chemistry fields. Overall, this role will focus on developing electronics for high speed, high precision instrumentation. Considered candidates will have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- B.S. with 7+ years, or M.S. with 5+ years of experience in Electrical Engineering or related field with system design experience that includes high-speed digital, microprocessor sub-system, analog and mixed-signal circuit, and FPGA design.
- Understanding of diagnostics and system embedded firmware; capable of working with software groups, firmware developers and other electrical engineers on leading-edge hardware platform development.
- Circuit design and PCB layout and routing techniques for high speed circuitry to ensure signal integrity, EMC compatibility and compliance with applicable standards.
- Experience developing instrumentation systems (controls, sensors, automation, firmware, device communication, etc.).
- Must have experience developing under ISO quality management systems and translating system requirements to optimized, robust design
- Excellent organizational, communication and team skills, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, challenging environment
- Proficient in scripting, debugging, optimization tools, and unit testing.
- Understanding of how to use Matlab, Octave, LTSpice, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers and microcontroller developer tools.
- Design of instrumentation in the bio-technology field including experience in documentation for clinical device submission.
- Knowledge of lasers and optical detectors and experience integrating them in instrumentation
- Experience in subsystem and system level testing of hardware for design verification and for manufacturing acceptance.
- Experience with Altium and design needs for the Biotech/laboratory instrumentation industry.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Energetic, goal driven and focused
- Extremely hard-working, motivated, resourceful and flexible
- Creative, innovative, and able to perform early prototyping independently
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through
- An individual with experience in biotechnology, medical device development, or laboratory instrumentation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/98287 →