Client Reference Code: 203647
JOB SUMMARY: The Supervisor, Master Control is responsible for our on-air broadcast during live events and non-live programming primarily managing the operational staff directly responsible for all on-air activities and functions directly related to support of those broadcasts including multi-channel distribution including linear channels, digital channels and on-demand clips. This position will have a strong emphasis on training and mentoring staff members. This person must have in depth technical knowledge and be adept at proactively identifying and resolving issues. The responsibility includes operational knowledge of production equipment and automation systems. Ensures scheduling systems are optimally functioning, maintained, kept up to date and secured.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This supervisory position requires the ability to manage operational staff and the on-air operations of Spectrum Sports.
- Must be able to coordinate execute program assignments from the Manager, Programming and Manager, Content or their designates
- Must be able to detect and resolve program schedule conflicts
- Ensure accurate and error-free integration of live programming and live cut-ins by working closely with in-house and remote production staff
- Implements contingency plans for delays in live action, over runs, overlaps in events.
- Maintain all required logs and feed information in the Spectrum Sports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Automation, Master Control Switchers, routers, test and monitoring equipment, video playout servers, VTR’s, and ingest and archival technology utilized by the company.
- Conduct discrepancy investigation, troubleshooting, escalation and reporting of service interruptions
- Responsible for on-air operation, program switching, spot insertion, commercial triggers, and monitoring transmission. Report problems and issues to management when they arise.
- Supervises the preparation of material for air including programs, commercial spots, PSA s and promotional spots.
- Supports Master Control and is responsible for acquisition of programming from satellite and file based delivery mechanisms.
- REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Liaison between departments and remotes
- Ensure that formats are followed during live events
- Ensure elements including but not limited to billboard, sponsorship elements, scoring ticker, animated lower thirds and “bugs” are executed properly on-air by the Master Control Operator.
- Make all necessary changes to logs before, during and following a live event.
- Make adjustments to logs for all event replays
- Follow contingencies provided by Programming and fill airtime with contingency conditions during delays or technical difficulties.
- Make promotion changes whenever necessary.
- Complete an “Issues” Summary Report following each event.
- Assists leadership and show production staff to prepare and create original programming, in-studio, episodic, and digital content.
- Will work with programming staff to expand content to web, VOD, apps for tablets/smartphones, and mobile video, etc.
- Experience with video cameras, studio, production, and post production equipment and software.
- Other technical duties and assignments as assigned.
- Relief of Master Control Operators and Media Operators as needed
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Firm grasp of on-air broadcast workflows and systems including master control and media operations.
- Understanding of traffic logs and procedures.
- Ability to independently make log changes based on network requirements and needs
- Flexibility to work when required (weekends + after hours when needed)
- College diploma or university degree in an associated field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in a broadcast network environment 5+ years
- Sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Overtime may be required in meet deadlines.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- On-call availability for 24×7, 365 days a year.
- Office environment
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Job Code : TWCNOP440 Sup, Media Editor Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/22493 →