$7,269.00 – $10,228.00 Monthly
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
3/8/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, this position serves as a technical expert related to the areas of assignment; serves as the District’s primary source for information, consultation, and recommendations on all matters related to the implementation, maintenance, configuration, and administration of the District’s Enterprise Resource Planning System (currently Ellucian/Colleague); is responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of administrative databases, and performing analyses and development of new institutional technology innovations,. The position works on problems or projects of diverse scope and maximum complexity where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
This is a professional level classification with the incumbent competent to perform varied administrator duties in support of the District’s administrative and academic functions. The work includes Structured Query Language (SQL), Ellucian Colleague and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) administration, web self-service administration, system design, user interfaces, and documentation. This position utilizes a considerable amount of independent judgment in working with administrative users and software suppliers to identify and document software system purpose, work flow, output needs, operating system requirements, database requirements, and program requirements.
• Implement and maintain administrative databases.
1. Coordinate and administer the District’s enterprise (ERP) system (presently Colleague by Ellucian) and related applications; troubleshoot, resolve, and respond to user problems, issues, and requests; implement, maintain, and configure system enhancements and software fixes.
2. Maintain, administer, and monitor highly complex and technical functions of assigned systems; oversee and perform advanced installations, patching, and failure detection/analysis; analyze systems for response times, problem prevention, performance and resource utilization; coordinate and implement actions to overcome result deviations.
3. Manage and coordinate the development, test, and production environments of the District’s ERP system and related applications, systems, and software.
4. Establish and maintain data backup procedures for all databases and application files.
5. Perform regular database system performance monitoring; troubleshoot and diagnose database problems and run appropriate database utilities to correct.
6. Coordinate systems networking integration with appropriate networking staff.
• Participate in the analysis and development of new institutional
1. Lead and coordinate the large-scale implementation of new technologies, processes and upgrades; plan and implement District-wide system upgrades, strategies and procedures; and troubleshoot and resolve conversion and implementation problems.
2. Conduct business analysis and research for innovative projects that involve new practices or which introduce new technology.
3. Perform process modeling and formal data modeling, considering overall system usage and performance.
4. Set data standards and assist in the development of design changes.
5. Recommend changes in business operations to effectively utilize administrative software system resources.
• Analyze and develop custom modifications to administrative software systems.
1. Write project specifications and procedure statements to create or modify computer programs.
2. Convert data from project specification and statements of problems and procedures to create or modify computer programs.
3. Install upgrades and patches to the administrative computer system as necessary.
4. Provide support for existing applications on all district administrative information systems.
5. Participate in the planning and implementation of web-based services for the district.
6. Confer with the Director of Administrative Application Services and representatives of departments to resolve questions and programming intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls.
• Provide documentation and standards for verification of administrative system modifications and processes.
1. Analyze, review, and recommend program revision and process to increase operating efficiency.
2. Ensure compliance with standards relating to security and data protection.
• Provide internal customer assistance.
1. Diagnose user problems and questions addressing complex systems usage matters.
2. Establish procedures for diagnosing and solving administrative database system problems.
3. Develop formal training for assigned infrastructure functions.
4. Develop Uniquery reports as appropriate to ensure database validation.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Management Information Systems.
• A minimum of three (3) years of recent related experience in database administration in an Ellucian Colleague environment.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Operational characteristics, services, and functions of Unidata, SQL, and Colleague Self-Service functionality;
• Principles and practices of project management;
• Principles and practices of system software and hardware installation and troubleshooting;
• Methods and techniques of data security, integrity, and backup and recovery processes;
• Systems security protocols, policies, and procedures;
• A broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment, including Ellucian’s Colleague student/administrative system;
• Systems growth analysis and capacity planning processes and techniques;
• Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise;
• Pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
• Understand and perform the technical skills necessary for the configuration and maintenance of the District’s ERP system and related systems/applications;
• Recommend, evaluate, design, develop, test, and install ERP and related systems, applications, and supporting hardware and software;
• Analyze and resolve technical problems using logical and methodical processes;
• Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals;
• Manage multiple tasks and reprioritize as needed;
• Communicate technical information to non-technical personnel;
• Plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot system software;
• Lead subordinate professional and technical staff, including prioritizing and scheduling work assignments;
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
• Work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities.
Working Hours: The initial hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, 7:30am – 4:30pm, but may change to Sunday through Thursday, 7:30am – 4:30pm.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a 12-month, full-time, overtime exempt position, Start date: as soon as possible. Range 45 of the CSEA Salary Schedule with a starting salary of Step A, $7,269/month; progresses over time to $10,228/month.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/122567 →