What you’ll be doing…
You’ll work on Linux, Windows administration as well as Solaris.
– Servers – Install, build and operate enterprise server and Blade systems hardware including Oracle, HP, Cisco, IBM and Dell.
– Storage – Provision and operate SAN storage arrays.
– Operations – Handle the day to day operations in enterprise environment. This includes operating systems, patching, system management tools and backups.
– Projects – Work on projects as assigned for defined application or across applications.
– On-call – Will be on-call for a week in rotation with the team.
– Documentation – Produce detailed documentation for new systems, processes and performance tuning done. Follow all processes including Change control and ticketing.
– Teamwork – Co-ordinate work across different teams and cross enterprise teams.
– Weekly rotational on-call duties for 24/7 availability.
What we’re looking for…
– Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of relevant work experience
– Four or more years of relevant work experience
– Experience administering and supporting Linux and Windows Operating systems.
– VMware Virtualization with ESX clusters, Vcenter, installations, tuning and troubleshooting.
– Experience with SAN storage, zoning, provisioning and performance tuning.
Even better if you have:
– A degree.
– Knowledge of administering servers with Oracle, Postgres, MySQL.
– Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, Bind & UNIX Utilities.
– Experience with administering Oracle, HP, Dell and Blade Server Hardware.
– Experience in AWS and interfacing with AWS API
– Experience with Enterprise Administration of Active Directory.
– Experience with Veritas NetBackup and offsite backups.
– Extensive administration experience with Solaris and High Availability
– Experience with security and hardening of Servers and applications
– Hands-on experience in Redhat Satellite and Windows SCCM
– Experience with NoSQL databases
– Strong in UNIX, Linux and Shell scripting, Perl, and Python
– Experience with Hadoop administration including building clusters, operations and support and support
When you join Verizon…
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.