Job TitleSystems Administrator – ID:30350
Job SkillsWindows, AD, Networking, Virtualization
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with experience in the area of IT Infrastructure (Desktop Support, Virtualization, Networking, Server Administration and Cloud Technologies) and Project Management. This individual will serve as the team lead and primary technical escalation point for the regional IT Operations Team. The Sr. Systems Administrator will manage and keep an eye on the regional service desk queue and report on metrics for the region. On occassion, will also fill in for the Sr. IT Infrastructure Manager in meetings will participate in global strategic planning efforts. The candidate should thrive on solving challenges with proper processes, not workarounds. Also, should not be afraid to challenge others on the team respectfully with the intent to improve upon existing processes.
Job Description: Under the direction of the Sr IT Infrastructure Manager, the Sr. System Administrator leads a regional team to ensure stability and performance of IT operations. This includes implementing, maintaining and supporting networks, servers, software and communication links; lead team projects and mentoring members of the regional team. The incumbent provides impeccable customer service by responding to service requests timely and accurately.
– First responder for hardware and communications failures and datacenter matters such as
– backups, UPS problems, capacity monitoring of servers, at the local site.
– Administer core infrastructure technologies and related services including Microsoft Infrastructure, Virtualization, Enterprise Storage, Networking, Datacenters, and Cloud services
– Serve as team lead for IT Operations – Americas region.
o Manage ticket queue and serve as an escalation point for tickets.
o Provide guidance to technicians on the team towards resolution of recurring issues.
o Orientate new IT staff in the region
o Mentor peers to administer implemented technologies effectively
– Implement Infrastructure KPIs to monitor the health of critical systems, identify trends, and present results to IT Management
– Ensure continued responsiveness and operational stability of technologies and services supporting the lines of business
– Participate in IT M & A activities
– Liaise with IT Infrastructure Engineering team to transition technology administration post implementation
– Champion efforts to standardize processes, technologies, and adopt IT best practices
– Adhere to established IT policies and standard operating procedures
– Mentor, collaborate and coordinate tasks with 3rd party technical resources
– Document/Diagram technologies at regional sites
– Author and/or participate in the development of Standard Operating Procedures for key tasks
– Complete projects to budget, timelines, quality standards and business stakeholder requirements
– Maintain broad technical and solutions knowledge in software, infrastructure, security and business architecture areas
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related technical / management field or experience
– Experience managing Virtualization, Microsoft infrastructure, storage technologies
– Successful work history with cross-functional groups and align technology activities with organization’s strategic goals
– Superior systems troubleshooting skills
– Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
– Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
– Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service, including customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
– Ability to maintain the highly secure nature of information technology work.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Moderate travel is required
Technical Competencies: Cisco Switching/Routing, Active Directory, Exchange, Vmware, PowerShell, SAN/NAS administration, Backups, LANDesk ITAM, Office365, MS Office Suite
Preferred Certifications: Cisco CCNA, VMWare VCP-DCV, Microsoft MCSA: Windows Server
Send To Email / Remind Me
Send Now Send TonightSend TomorrowSend Next Week
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/78050 →