The Systems Administrator’s role is to ensure the stable operation of the in-house computer network. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This person will also analyze and resolve complex hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
• Manage the organizations virtual and physical server infrastructure (Microsoft Server 2012, 2016 / VMWare ESXi 6.x)
• Manage the organizations voice / internet communication links.
• Manage the organizations IP telephony system including servers, PRI / SIP communication links, voicemail, and end points.
• Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
• Administer and maintain all email accounts, distribution groups, shared mailboxes and resource accounts within Microsoft Office 365.
• Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights within Microsoft Active Directory.
• Manage security systems, including firewall, anti-virus, and intrusion detection systems.
• Monitors and maintains secure remote network access utilizing virtual private networks (VPN) and SSL.
• Ensure network connectivity of all workstations, servers, printers UPS units and other peripherals.
• Installs, tests, and maintains software patches and upgrades to all server and network equipment
• Practice network asset management, including hardware and software inventory and related SLA’s.
• Perform server and network security audits.
• Perform and verify system backups and recovery of all network servers, equipment, applications and databases.
• Monitors network performance and security with appropriate audits, reviews, data analysis and testing. Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs as needed.
• Interfaces with outsourced IT vendors as needed.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team Knowledge & Experience
• 5 years of related work experience in a comparable complex, high tech and fast paced network environment
• Extensive support experience of Server and PC operating systems, including Windows 7- Windows 10, Windows Server 2012-2016, VMWare ESXi 6.x)
• Extensive support experience with Cisco Call Manager and Cisco Unity in a high availability environment.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, night shifts, holidays, and “on call” as needed. The Airport operates on a 24 x 7 x 365 basis.
• At times, exposed to heat, cold, rain and snow in a noisy environment.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Attentiveness to work procedure will reduce potential risk of injury in work areas.
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional installation and inspection of cables in floors, ceilings, walls and conduit paths throughout the property.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripheral up to 75lbs.
• Responsible for any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Information Technology
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/112160 →