Contract: I2TS 3
Position: Administrator, Systems – Systems Administrator (L2)
Location: Ft Gordon, GA
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM’s mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator will:
– Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
– Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
– Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
– Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
– Provide Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problem
– Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
– Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
– Configure and manage UNIX and Windows operating systems
– Install/load operating system and application software
– Isolate and resolve of hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
– Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
– Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Desirable Skills / Experience:
– Knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in network administration and support
– Knowledge of related hardware and software
– DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
– Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent
– Desired Computing Environment certification: MCSA Windows Server 2012, Solaris 10, Linux+, VCP5, etc.
– TS/SCI required
– Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
4-8 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
#I2TS3 #ISDCJ #DPost
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2017-32703
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
General Dynamics Information Technology
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 28,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is one of four business units of the General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology business segment. Headquartered in Fairfax, Va., General Dynamics Information Technology has major offices worldwide. Contact Info
– Ft Gordon, GA 30813
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.