Reports to: Director, Information Systems
ChimeData, at Connecticut Hospital Association (CHA), offers data analytic services including innovative information products and solutions. These services help member hospitals gauge their performance in quality improvement and patient safety, analyze population health metrics, assess their financial health, track and trend the utilization of key hospital services, and meet regulatory requirements. Through its comprehensive analyses, ChimeData supports CHA advocacy by determining the impact of proposed and new policy issues on Connecticut hospitals, and provides meaningful information to help the public make informed healthcare decisions and choices. With decades of service and experience, CHA ChimeData is the source for data and information about hospitals and healthcare in Connecticut.
Responsible for designing and developing high performance data-centric web-based and Windows-based applications and complex data models that drive business processes in ChimeData. Assist with design and execute process-driven tasks in maintaining ChimeData solutions.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
* Analyze user requirements and translate user needs by implementing solutions based on design specification in collaboration with ChimeData analysts and other business units.
* Create and execute processes, including testing new programs, and procedural steps for data intake, enrichment, and extract-transform-load (ETL) function.
* Convey knowledge in area of expertise and work closely with members of the ChimeData team. Document problems and steps to resolve them to allow for efficiency in cross-training.
* Gather detailed specifications from customers regarding the business solution, communicate desired outcome to Director, and identify potential obstacles (and solutions) to development team and customers.
* Support and independently resolve any issues within ChimeData developed applications.
* Use SQL Server 2014 and SQL Integration Services extensively to support database queries, updates and data analysis.
* Work with project sponsors and team members to incorporate rapidly changing requirements.
* Execute production cycle activities to meet customers data refresh requirements through current extract-transform-load (ETL) processes established for each implementation.
* Generate data sets and adhoc reports based on the requirements of various departments within CHA utilizing multiple technologies that are available.
* Automate data processing, to eliminate manual steps when possible, to create a repeatable process for quarterly and annual reports.
* Participate in customer interactions to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Report project status and other relevant business metrics and problems to manager on a weekly basis. Communicate with customers to ensure project deliverables match expectations and inform manager of progress.
* Resolve and communicate complex problems that arise during implementation to data team for their awareness and input.
* A Bachelors degree in IT is required; an advanced degree in IT is preferred.
* Minimum of 5+ years experience in the field or related area.
* Extensive knowledge required in Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5.1 and 4.x, SQL database language and Microsoft SQL Server 2012/SQL Server 2014 and Microsoft Visual C# .NET.
* Experienced in building reporting applications with SQL Reporting Services, Cognos Report Studio, Cognos Workspace.
* Basic knowledge of a broad range of IT infrastructure technologies including:
* Data-centric web-based development
* Data modeling concepts
* Online analytical processing concepts
* Ability to quickly learn and master new technologies; proven ability to provide technical advice and guidance to others.
* Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously in various stages of design or development without compromising quality standards. Adaptable, and able to work in a fast and flexible environment, manage time efficiently, and meet deadlines.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills; proficiency in translating complex concepts; demonstrated customer relations and service delivery skills; able to understand the political landscape within client/partner organizations.
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to establish effective interpersonal relationships and work effectively across inter-functional lines. Comfortable working autonomously as well as part of a team.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/94271 →