You’re not likely to find another company like Vermeer. Our people are from all walks of life in locations around the world, rolling up our sleeves and getting tough work done every day. Together. We’re a family-owned and operated company with an unmatched culture, one that is built on the belief that every Vermeer team member has real, personal impact – on our people, our customers and our world. Whoever you are and where you are in your career, Vermeer helps you be Equipped to Do MoreTM.
The Systems Engineer leads the effort to develop, test, and implement control systems in accordance with Vermeer standards and initiatives. This role develops electrical and control system design standards, reviews electrical/control system prototypes and performs audits. This position also trains and consults on electrical/control system design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop and write control systems specifications that direct software code development and test in application software code to specification. Perform tests and simulations on software and hardware.
2. Create wiring diagrams and schematics; design wire harness, control panel, sensor mounting, and wire routing and specify control system components.
3. Identify electrical quality and reliability issues and implement solutions.
4. Conduct electrical and control design training sessions; assist technical publications, marketing, and sales with information required for product release; provide instruction and guidance to engineering technicians in the assembly and testing of prototype designs.
5. Design and consult on electrical/control systems i.e. assist in building prototypes that utilize control systems; assist with control systems design changes related on existing machines and provide documentation required to implement changes; support service department including service trips.
6. Keep abreast of the latest mobile controller technology; and coordinate projects with design groups. Perform electrical component selection, failure analysis, and supplier quality control audits including communicating with procurement on vendor pricing, availability, and applications.
Education and/or Experience
– 4-year college degree in Control, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
– 5+ years’ experience in electrical and electronic controls design; and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
– Experience with C, C++, and +1 programming.
– Experience with model-based design tools such as MathWorks MATLAB.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to create electrical drawings and build electrical harnesses.
– Ability to complete machine control system testing and computer-based electro-hydraulic control system design.
– In depth knowledge of electrical, electronics and controls.
– Effective organization and project management skills.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public / customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
– Ability to create accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to lead others that do not report to the position to produce results.
Up to 20% domestic and/or international travel by car or plane may be required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/115629 →