Client Reference Code: 206146
Responsible for assisting design, development, and implementation of enterprise-wide DNS Architecture supporting all Charter Divisions. Participation in full life-cycle of systems engineering activities of high-quality, scalable solutions.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for DNS server hardware deployment and troubleshooting.
- Accountable for the development and maintenance of documented procedures for deployments, upgrades, patching, and troubleshooting of a wide variety of issues, with a focus on DNS Hardware, Software and Operating System level areas (with coordination with management peers of other groups as appropriate)
- Performs evaluation of network performance issues including: availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Work with application owners to identify system components and to document data flows between systems as well as between network boundaries.
- Maximizes network performance by both monitoring and analyzing performance, troubleshooting problems, tuning, optimizing, and balancing.
- Ability to review planned changed documentation to determine accuracy and compliance to Charter standards
- Solid multi-tasking and detail orientation skills.
- Ability to learn Operating Systems builds and deployment and ongoing support and administration experience of physical and virtual hardware
- Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on verbal/written communication including the ability to present performance feedback effectively and conflict resolution
- Passion for technology to continue to research and stay abreast of emerging technologies to appropriately consider them for future use and advise senior leadership.
- Ability to document processes, procedures clearly and accurately — not only within the group to share the knowledge and understanding of managed systems, but also for distribution to both internal and external customers.
- This position includes on-call availability such that the candidate must be available via cell phone or pager 24×7
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Experience in a centralized repair/troubleshooting/testing environment that included answering telephones, logging events in a ticketing system, and providing technical support and repair coordination is desirable.
- General knowledge of Linux, Linux commands, Operating System builds using Redhat/CentOS.
- Understanding, troubleshooting, and experience of DNS
- Experience with application, network and OS monitoring systems (Netcool, OpsWare, Splunk, Solarwinds preferred)
- Experience with ticketing systems (Remedy preferred)
- Knowledge of Provisioning, DHCP, LDAP, VOIP, Networking
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and general Windows and/or Mac usage
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Basic ability to create detailed documentation to functionally understand new and existing applications
- Basic ability to follow and implement established change and control policies and procedures
- Basic ability to troubleshoot application problems
- Basic knowledge of development tools, application frameworks, and testing tools
- Basic knowledge of choosing the appropriate lifecycle and the planning, monitoring and control of the systems engineering process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Related Work Experience Number Of Years
System administration experience (UNIX) 2-3 years
Database support experience 2-3 years
Enterprise Application experience 2-3 years
Job Code : TWCISY325 Systems Engineer I Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/51413 →