CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is a global communications and IT services company focused on connecting its customers to the power of the digital world. CenturyLink offers network and data systems management, big data analytics, managed security services, hosting, cloud, and IT consulting services. The company provides broadband, voice, video, advanced data and managed network services over a robust 265,000-route-mile U.S. fiber network and a 360,000-route-mile international transport network. Visit CenturyLink for more information.
Engineer II – Federal (aka Systems Engineer (SE)) performs tier three systems support in accordance with SIE OPORD.
- CLEARANCE: TS/SCI
- EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: Eight years of related experience
- CERTFICATION REQUIREMENTS: MCSE
- TRAVEL: Some CONUS and OCONUS travel may be required
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting up to 25lbs. Extended periods of sitting.
- CompTIA Security+
Engineer II – Federal (aka Systems Engineer (SE)) performs tier three systems support in accordance with SIE OPORD. In addition to in-depth technical knowledge of the Government’s software and hardware, SEs need advanced analytical, troubleshooting and design skills. Has ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users is essential. SE must be familiar with systems engineering process and data as a fundamental building block for performance improvement. Participation in working groups, design reviews and system tests is required. SE will help generate assessments, as well as develop and implement actionable recommendations based on reviews. Candidates require extensive knowledge of development process, including specification, documentation, and quality assurance. Because of the broad range of demands that SEs must meet, candidates who have demonstrated strong project planning skills are preferred.
- Ability to focus on engineering from a performance perspective
- Familiarity with system engineering processes and techniques
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills
- Working as a strong team contributor, and providing technical expertise
- Working with the Government to understand their requirements and evaluate possible technical solutions
- Developing, maintaining, and supporting technical infrastructure, hardware, and system software components
- Performing installation, maintenance, and support of system software and hardware
- Configuring, debugging, and supporting multiple infrastructure platforms
- Performing high-level root cause analysis in support of service interruption recovery, as well as creating and documenting preventive measures
- Engineering enterprise data, voice and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Experience with the delivery of enterprise data center services to a large, mission critical infrastructure
- Ensure future Group Policy enhancements or changes continue to provide quality service to customers and do not impact in a negative way the ability to provision and support Group Policy services
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Web portals/PKI/Networking/Web applications/Databases/Service-oriented architecture/System design methodologies/Messaging services/Continuity of Operations (COOP) and Disaster Recovery (DR)/Directory services/Storage
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Define services from a day-to-day operations perspective; establish standards for their service
- Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Subject Matter Expert for future enhancements of services
- Testing of vulnerability and remediation process associated with service
Bachelors or Equivalent in Engineering General
Associates or Equivalent in Engineering General
Alternate Location: US-Florida-Tampa
Requisition #: 154817
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/100758 →