Client Reference Code: 200786
The Systems Engineer III – Email is primarily responsible for the day-to-day monitoring, maintenance and configuration of inbound and outbound MTA environment to ensure uninterrupted and timely flow of email. Systems Engineers assist in the design, development and implementation of enterprise-wide residential and commercial email platforms and will be responsible for providing ongoing analysis to ensure systems are operating as expected. Systems Engineers serve as an escalation point for the Support Center in troubleshooting issues including advanced vendor escalations and management.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administration and maintenance of email/messaging systems including Synchronoss, Casandra, Scality and Cloudmark.
- Design, architect and scope required hardware, software, storage and network environments for existing and future requirements.
- Analyze system performance, implementation of product rollouts and execution of regular maintenance.
- Provide third-level diagnostics and support for advanced issues working with the Support Center to resolve and communicate to key stakeholders.
- Monitor existing messaging infrastructure and server usage, ensuring proper working order.
- Document systems configurations and upgrades.
- Contribute to 24×7 on call support rotation to resolve application issues after normal business hours.
- Use established change management processes, requiring operational procedures be performed with minimal customer impact, (i.e. during established maintenance window).
- Design and implement change and control policies, and disaster recovery plans; lead troubleshooting efforts to restore functionality in the event of an outage.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot application and operating system problems.
- Basic network configuration and troubleshooting knowledge, log file parsing, hardware troubleshooting.
- Comfortable using command line interface for Unix/Linux and PowerShell Scripting.
- Extensive experience with VMWare installation, configuration and administration.
- Support ticketing systems, change control methodologies and the importance of ITIL best practices.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as; Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Technical knowledge of DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP and MTA configuration.
- Consistently responsible member in on-call rotation.
- Solid organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Broad knowledge of databases such as; MySQL, NoSQL, Galera.
- Practical experience in performance optimizing of web applications; Apache, Java and in programming; Python, Perl, Bash, Ruby, etc.
- Demonstrated success with troubleshooting inbound and outbound email performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Related Work Experience; Number of Years of Experience
- Systems Administration work experience; 5+
- Messaging application work experience; 4+
- Database support and development work experience; 3+
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) work experience; 3+
- Systems Administration work experience; 7+
- Messaging application work experience; 5+
- Database support and development work experience; 5+
- Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) work experience; 5+
- Office environment
- On call support, on a rotation basis
Job Code : TWCISY350 Systems Engineer III Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/22269 →