Client Reference Code: 206936
Senior Engineer responsible for the day to day operations, maintenance, and break fix for various systems and ancillary applications that support provisioning and other product offerings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position will involve a close working relationship team members, peers, engineering and development teams to solve issues that arise, provide feedback to engineering on proposed updates, and proactively identify potential areas of concern. This position will include on-call duties as assigned. Consistent with a 24 X 7 Operations environment, periodic cell phone availability will be necessary to respond to escalated issues.
This Senior Engineer position requires a strong knowledge of Linux operating systems. The candidate must have excellent communications skills, be highly motivated, eager to take on new responsibilities and be a team player. The ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines is a must.
Excellent technical skills including strong problem-solving abilities. Other required skills, abilities, and duties listed below:
- Strong understanding of linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat
- Shell scripting ability
- Linux package installation: yum, rpm
- Familiarity with system monitoring and concepts
- Understanding of TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Work with and manage systems in a large scale, high availability environment
- Motivated self-starter and independent thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with a “get the job done” mindset
- Strong sense of responsibility – willing to take ownership of issues
- System security best practices
- Understanding of Virtual machines/concepts; VMware, Open Stack, etc.
- Red Hat expertise
- Scripting and/or programming expertise (e.g. shell, Perl, PHP)
- Understanding of http/https protocols
- Experience with IPv6, Splunk, SNMP
5 Years System Administration work experience
5 Years Enterprise Application Integration work experience
5 Years Support of large scale services on a Unix platform
4 years Scripting and/or programming skills (e.g, shell, Perl, PHP)
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university or equivalent training, education and experience.
Job Code : TWCISY350 Systems Engineer III Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/61824 →