Who are you?
You’re an upbeat, creative, fun loving software engineer looking for an opportunity in an exciting, fast paced, growing startup. You like working in teams but are also excellent at working on your own. You don’t mind asking others for help and you’re also happy to help others when they need it. You’re a self-motivated developer who enjoys learning new technologies and languages and loves the challenge of complex problems to solve.
Who are we?
We’re a technology startup working on developing and deploying the next generation wireless ISP and/or Wifi product sets. Our teams work on mid to low level software that drive consumer facing services. This includes architecture definition, implementation, debugging, production deployment and support/maintenance.
What are we looking for?
You are a developer with a BS or MS in Software, Computer, or Electrical engineering or equivalent discipline/experience and are comfortable developing in C++. Experience in Python and/or C are also good to have. We’re also seeking those eager to ramp up on new languages and technologies. You have at least four years experience with a product based company, but equivalent experience will be considered. Since much of our technology is developed or runs on Linux, you should have familiarity with that operating system.
What gets bonus points:
* Familiarity with networking fundamentals and configuration
* Experience using git for source control
* The ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions for problems you’re faced with
What gets double bonus points:
* Experience with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac standards and protocols
* Understanding of millimeter wave and/or other RF technologies
* Real time development and debugging skills
* Familiarity with Rust or Go or asynchronous programming concepts
* Experience building distributed systems
* A drive to learn new languages and technologies
* Experience with technical product customer issues and collaboration with customer support teams
We work hard, so we take care of each other and try to enjoy ourselves along the way. We have:
* Premium medical, dental, and vision coverage with no employee contribution required
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* Catered lunches every Monday & cocktails on Friday during our weekly company meeting
* Wine, beer, spirits, and snacks always on hand
* Secure bike storage in the building
* Private shower facilities in our office
* Free gym in the building
* Groups for skiing, biking, running, climbing, stretching, shuffleboard, darts, and more
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
Starry, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59439 →