The TECHNICAL SUPPORT ANALYST supports the daily operations of custom Oracle Forms & Reports applications, including working with clients & other ITS departments (Database Administration, Windows Server Management). This position will also be required to provide minimal Apex support. Knowledge of webMethods a plus, with ability to assist with integrations development.
* Support Oracle Forms and Reports custom applications and daily operational support of the applications. This includes modifications to screens and reports, development of new screens and reports, integration files support, and general operational support to ensure applications are running efficiently and correctly. Minimal Apex application support for one application.
* Work closely with the clients to understand their requirements and satisfy their change requests and support requirements.
* Work with the ITS Infrastructure team to identify and troubleshoot technical issues and problems with applications, including but not limited to long-running queries, significant response time problems, and record locking conditions.
* Develop and maintain Oracle views
* Develop and run ad-hoc reports and queries to analyze data.
* Development and maintenance of support documentation.
* Position may require occasional off-hours system support.
* Bachelors degree in Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 15 years experience in the support of custom applications.
* Excellent communication skills verbal and written.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with ITS and client personnel, and to provide excellent customer service.
* Excellent organizational skills, including keeping track of multiple issues, problems, and priorities.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
* Significant experience with Oracle Forms and Reports.
* EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE CONSUMING SERVICES USING PL/SQL (SEE COMMENTS BELOW)
* EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE WITH XML CREATION AND PARSING USING PL/SQL (SEE COMMENTS BELOW)
* Experience generating emails using PL/SQL
* Experience with shell programming
* Experience with relational databases (Oracle, e.g.)
* Experience with Windows server architecture, application server concepts, and the understanding of Windows permissions and Active Directory.
PREFERRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED:
* Familiarity with release management, deployment management, service management, and QA processes
* Familiarity with change management tools and concepts, including HP Deployment manager or other tools.
* webMethods development and support.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/118372 →