Technical Support Engineers at GCS are expected to have and maintain a high level of technical competence over a very large range of products. They will be expected to learn new products and technologies quickly and constantly. In addition, they are expected to have top notch communication skills. This is not your typical corporate help desk. We support hundreds of organizations and thousands of end users in a extremely variable environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provide remote technical support to customers calling for various technical issues.
* Provide on-site technical support to customers as needed.
* Must have flexible after-hours availability for implementation and deployment tasks.
* Maintain an average of at least 30 billable hours per week.
* Provide 40 hours of availability per week (8 hours daily).
* Track time and provide troubleshooting notes as you work.
* Provide internal help desk and network support as needed.
DESIRED TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE
Technicians are expected to have intermediate knowledge of the following technologies, along with the ability to quickly advance that knowledge.
* Windows Server (all versions)
* All Windows desktop versions.
* Familiarity with MacOS and Linux operating systems.
* Common Desktop Applications (Office, etc.)
* Common Networking/Internet Services (DHCP, DNS, Domain Registration, etc.)
* Microsoft Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013).
* Dell Appassure, Unitrends, Mozy Pro, Symantec Backup Exec, Datto and other backup applications.
* Virtualization Technologies (primarily VMware).
* Advanced Networking (Routing, Switching, Firewalls. Specifically Sonicwall, Cisco, Adtran, and Dell)
* Remote Desktop Services
* Microsoft SQL (all versions)
* VoIP & Digital Phone Systems (Avaya IP Office preferred)
* Participate in after hours support rotation.
* Must pass a drug and background screening.
* Must be able to lift 50lbs.
* Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
* Responsible for entering billable time and notes into ticketing system in real time.
Certifications: Preference is given to well certified individuals.
Experience: 1-2 years experience in a help desk or network support position.
Education: Degrees are valued but not required. We prefer experience and certifications.
* Flexible Paid Time Off
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance available
* Life and AD&D Insurance
* Disability Insurance
GCS is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/59774 →