SwiftStack is the developer of the SwiftStack hybrid cloud storage system. Our software, which is open-source at the core, enables companies to create and scale private cloud / object storage infrastructure in their data center. SwiftStack integrates with Google Compute Platform and AWS, enabling customers to build hybrid storage clouds.
We are looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer to join our team in San Francisco. As a Technical Support Engineer at SwiftStack, you will deliver technical assistance and support to our customers, which include some of the most well know brands in gaming, media, life sciences and the Fortune 500. This includes proactive communication with customers, troubleshooting and systems testing.
You probably have a background in Linux systems administration and/or technical support and know your way around a data center. You will be a part of a great team and have the opportunity to learn a lot about distributed systems and cloud storage infrastructure. In this role, you will also work closely with other teams at SwiftStack to ensure a resolution is reached and communicated to the customer since helping our customers is something we all do.
* Technical background in IT and systems administration particularly in Linux and networking
* Background in Linux distros, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and/or Ubuntu
* Expertise in architecting and troubleshooting networking infrastructure such as 10GbE, L3 switching, and L4 load balancers
* Experience with L7 protocolsespecially http
* Customer focus with the ability to calmly manage difficult situations
* Ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with customers.
* Ability to engage with diverse teams within a company (Development, Product Management, QA, Sales).
* Outstanding problem solving skills — you should love digging into problems and find resolutions
* Current work authorization for the US
Youll get the opportunity to learn and grow your technical skills. One of the most crucial aspects of your career choices is who youll be working with. At SwiftStack, youll be on a small team with some amazing talent, working closely with engineers from whom you will absorb good practices and learn new techniques and technology.
Youll do real, valuable work. Were a small team, so the work that you do here will be meaningful and have an impact on our customers and on us as a company.
Youll become an expert in a fast growing technology area. Hybrid cloud storage is an incredible fast growing area, expected by industry analyst to drive billions of dollars in revenue. It’s a great space to advance your career in, and the skills you’ll learn will differentiate you from the crowd.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.