At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Technology Specialist at in PNC’s Network Operation Control team you will provide Tier 1 and 2 Network support in a 24 by 7 enterprise production environment.
Candidate will focus primarily on employee and system incident resolution. Candidate will be responsible for proactive network monitoring, knowledge documentation creation and helping to drive root cause on Problem task assigned to our team. The position will be Weekend Night shift Shift, based out of Cleveland, OH and will report to the Network Operation Control Manager.
JOB DUTIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION:
The candidate that fills this role will have excellent customer service, documentation and network troubleshooting skills. Most issue should be resolved with first contact resolution. You must possess a solid understanding of the OSI model and have several years’ of network support experience at layer 1 through 3.
- Must be organized and able to create and follow process to ensure expedient incident resolution and a consistent client experience.
- Self-directed with the ability to assess the environment and take action
- Strong communication skills with the ability to drive incident resolution and provide timely client updates.
- Strong documentation skills required for both knowledge creation and proper ticket escalation.
- Strong collaboration skills required to work with others to drive issue resolution and to provide knowledge sharing with peers.
TECHNICAL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- WAN links such as T1, T3, MPLS, GigE, and broadband
- Cisco Routers: Hardware & software
- Layer 2 protocols such as Vlans, Spanning Tree,
- Layer 3 routing protocols such as eigrp, bgp, ospf
- TCP/IP and related protocols
- Basic knowledge of network packet capture tools such as Wireshark, WildPackets, etc.
- ITIL Foundations or experience with concepts such as Request, Incident, Problem and Change
- Network+ or Security+ required
- CCNA certification preferred
- Administers, executes processes/procedures and addresses issues for products and services supported in Technology Infrastructure. May support analysis and report generation, exception processing and service management. Implements new products, services, and operational solutions as well as augments existing capabilities.
- Follows a predetermined plan/process and performs simple and routine administration requiring basic knowledge of specified operational products/services.
- Provides technical operational, analytical and research support to technical teams through both written and verbal communications.
- Supports incident resolution and root cause analysis of production problems.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of technical, operational and service procedures, as well as process workflows for operational/applications teams.
Manages Risk – Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Process Management – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of business process improvement tools and techniques and ability to understand, monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes.
Problem Solving – Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
SYSTEMS SOFTWARE INFRASTRUCTURE – Working Experience
- Knowledge of software technology, and the ability to plan global, regional and local software architecture and infrastructure components.
System and Technology Integration – Working Experience
- Knowledge of the features and facilities of systems, and the ability to integrate and communicate among applications, databases and technology platforms.
System Testing – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to design, plan and execute system testing strategies and tactics to ensure the quality of software at all stages of the system life cycle.
System Testing Tools – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use tools and techniques for automating, simplifying and enhancing system testing.
HARDWARE INFRASTRUCTURE – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to design, implement and integrate IT hardware for its use in business environments.
Server Software – Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to configure, install, and support the functions, features and facilities of multi-user operating systems to manage network resources.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree with < 1 year of professional experience and/or successful completion of a formal development program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. EEO Statement
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.