Client Reference Code: 204966
Join the Telephony Operations Translations team as an experienced carrier engineer, where you will be helping to implement translations and associated screening, routing and billing configurations within the residential and commercial voice platforms. You will reference Advanced Engineering Designs, as well as data from the Call Monitoring tools suite to guide your solutions. You will also document switch and telephony architecture, troubleshooting best practices, as well as Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops Acceptance Test Plans to validate translations implementations or config changes
- Creates and Executes SOPs & MOPs
- Conducts daily detailed DNHC process for assigned area of responsibility.
- Manages all telephony equipment under minimal supervision.
- Configures and troubleshoots SS7, ISUP, and SIP unassisted. Assists and coordinates the efforts of other TOE I/II in configuring and troubleshooting SS7, ISUP, and SIP.
- Follows established guidelines for telephone network daily health check procedures and determines call out protocols during outage situations.
- Prepares detailed RCA documentation as a post mortem for critical outages.
- Leads installation and turn up of Trunk Groups and augments as determined by Traffic and Capacity Team.
- Understands telephony circuit architecture concepts, OC12, OC3, DS3, DS1 etc.
- Creates mops for other TOE for implementation, review and guides other TOE in mop creation and implementation.
- Assists with the trouble shooting efforts during major outages.
- Assumes a leadership role during major outages, coordinating not only within the Telephony group but between functional areas, as well as in all Residential and Business telephony issues.
- Documents switch and telephone network architecture.
- Assists other Engineers in documenting switch and telephone network architecture.
- Creates documentation standards and assists and guides other TOE in the implementation of the standards.
- Demonstrates IP knowledge, L2, L3, TCP, UDP and telephony equivalents, ability to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues, ability to direct IP connectivity trouble-shooting or CCNA and ability to direct trouble shooting efforts.
- Supports all core telephony equipment including hardware and software upgrades and maintenance.
- Evaluates and plans for core telephony equipment changes and expansions.
- Guides and assists other TOE in maintaining, upgrading and deploying core telephony equipment.
- Assists in the development of on-going reporting
Advanced knowledge of telephony disciplines:
- VoIP networks
- Dial plans
- Call routing
- FCC Regulations call routing
- SIP & SS7 trunking
- SIP & ISUP protocols
Strong ability to troubleshoot during outage situations
Demonstrates critical thinking skills during stressful or complex projects.
Solid understanding of personal computer and software applications.
Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA/CCIE or other industry certifications or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with below platforms:
- Nokia Siemens
- Alcatel Lucent
Knowledge of company products and services
Solid understanding of common word processing, spreadsheet, Presentation, Design software and concepts.
Firm grasp of TCP/IP standard applications (Telnet, SSH, FTP, SMTP, HTTP)
- Office Environment
- May work in:
- Network Lab environment
- 24X7 Network Operations environment
- Field Operations environment
- Occasional travel as required
Job Code : TWCETC370 Telephone Ops Engineer III Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/46412 →