Youre into games you love playing them and you love making them. You enjoy working with creative types. You spend your time thinking about how outstanding content can improve games. You use your insight and talent to design and build efficient tools and pipelines and you are ready to lead and take on new challenges.
If this describes you then please tell us more about you…
We are looking for a talented and experienced Senior Tools Programmer to join a highly acclaimed team of more than 200 seasoned professionals in gaming.
We value talent, self-motivation, and working together as a team.
* Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows.
* Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects.
* Identify problems; solve them: implement robust, high-quality solutions.
* Refine and improve content creation workflows.
* Mentor and guide team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices.
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience.
* Minimum five years of professional experience in computer-generated art.
* Solid understanding of 3D math.
* Good understanding of algorithm design and of their inherent complexity.
* Extensive knowledge of Maya and computer graphics as demonstrated in a portfolio.
* Expertise in C/C++ required, along with Python / PySide and MEL.
* Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability.
* Understanding of software architecture and design.
* Experience in coding user-facing tools; knowledge of good UI design principles.
* Enthusiasm and initiative.
* Excellent spoken and written communication.
* Able and motivated to work with other team members.
Our team works together just minutes away from the beaches of sunny, Southern California. We offer great autonomy and a supportive team. Salaries and benefits are commensurate with your experience and unlike most game development teams, we place a high value on work-life balance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.