Job TitleUNIX Systems Admin – ID:30377
DurationContract to Hire
LocationFederal Way, WA
What we are looking for specifically is a UNIX Admin with the following skills and experience:
– College degree in computer science or equivalent education and experience
– 4+ years’ experience with UNIX operating systems (IBM AIX, LINUX Red Hat)
MUST have LINUX
– Hands on experience managing IBM virtual I/O devices via VIOS using etherchannel and NPIV
– Scripting skills for system administration
– Excellent communication skills written and verbal
– Experience in troubleshooting network connectivity in a secure environment
– Experience managing LVM, NFS
– Experience with enterprise systems management tools (HPSA, Puppet)
The main support duties are:
Primary Production Support Duties
– Work incoming tickets for production related issues, including accessibility and performance issues.
– Review incoming work and use current tool sets to automate response and resolution.
– Help support Puppet Enterprise managed production systems.
– Analyze system utilization and trending to plan for system/application/storage growth.
– Perform system maintenance and upgrades on IT maintenance weekends.
– Helps develop, document, and implement operating standards.
– Create and maintain procedures and system runbooks within a wiki structure.
– Participate in an on-call rotation for after hours support.
– Coordinating the installation and configuration of new hardware.
– Configuration of virtualized I/O subsystems.
– Audit and remediate OS related security issues, as well as a patching schedule.
– Aids in installation of applications as required by development and application teams.
– Participate in new technology reviews like Hadoop, clustering technologies, Openstack, and CM systems.
Send To Email / Remind Me
Send Now Send TonightSend TomorrowSend Next Week
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.