We are seeking an experienced UX Director that has proven experience on both hands on and leading others in the design of consumer facing web applications. Ideally, this person will have worked on complex applications that have served a variety of user types. We are looking for someone that is hungry to make an impact, to sink their teeth into some juicy UX challenges, and to be part of an incredible product team at one of the fast growing companies in North America (Maxwell Health ranked #100 on Deloitte’s 2017 Technology Fast 500 list).
You must have an online portfolio that demonstrates past work with user flows, wireframes, and prototypes for a variety of project types. This is a full time position that will report to our VP of Product Management.
What you can expect:
* A fast-paced, high-energy work day at a fast-growing startup on a team with an agile/lean philosophy
* A collaborative environment where everyone’s contributions are essential and valued
We will expect you to:
* Provide overall leadership for user experience aspects of the Maxwell platform including: information architecture, user journeys, content, visual design, and overall usability.
* Demonstrate the ability to think about high-level product vision and present user experience and design in the form of various artifacts including site maps, user journeys, wireframes, and workflows.
* Establish and maintain relationships with third parties (agencies, contractors, etc.) that enable expansion and contraction of resources as the user experience needs change through the development lifecycle.
* Maintain and practice a user-centered, data-driven design approach.
* Work closely with the product and development team, communicating design requirements, reviewing prototypes, and supporting them through their sprints.
* Rapidly iterate on design prototypes and working applications.
* Put your energy and passion into your work every day.
* Think critically and innovatively about how best to achieve our mission, online and offline, and advocate relentlessly for better ways to do it.
* Work in our Boston office.
* 7+ years of experience in UX Design or related field.
* 3+ years of experience managing teams and/or contracting agencies.
* Experience managing and leading external user experience agencies and teams.
* Experience managing a small focused internal user experience team.
* Experience leading both business to business and business to consumer applications.
* Experience conducting user research through various methods including user testing, focus groups, surveys, etc.
* Experience with A/B testing and developing designs based on user experience data and analytics.
* Experience working in an Agile SDLC.
* Experience with both web and mobile applications.
* Proficient in prototyping tools, such as: Axure, InVision, UXpin, Balsamiq and others.
* Adobe Creative Suite ( InDesign, Illustrator) or Sketch.
* Bachelor’s or Masters Degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science, Business or related disciplines.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/79271 →