IDx has developed the first AI device cleared by the FDA to autonomously practice medicine. Built on a series of patented machine learning algorithms, our software is designed to automatically diagnose early signs of debilitating eye diseases. In the process, we are working to prevent unnecessary blindness, drive down healthcare costs, and transform the way the world thinks about disease detection.
IDx is a private company with substantial funding and a deep product pipeline. As a rapidly growing company, every member of our team plays a fundamental role in ensuring our success. We want to hire people who bring new skills and perspectives that will take us to the next level.
What We Are Looking For:
The VP of Engineering provides strategic and technical leadership in the development and implementation of functional engineering best practices and in the planning, design and testing of technical product development. The position is the company’s technical leader in assessment, selection, onboarding and management of the company’s technical staff, as well as curating and growing an effective, scalable technical management team to deliver IDx’s automated disease detection solutions and supporting software. The candidate must be able to:
- Build a performance driven Engineering team through the development of internal talent as well as external hiring.
- Cleary and effectively communicate initiatives, objectives, issues, and performance including developing and implementing organizational metrics to drive results and positive behavior.
- Work with the CTO and other executive management to develop a strategic development roadmap designed to anticipate the technology needs of a rapidly expanding company.
- Lead the planning, analysis, design, development, and testing of new and enhanced medical device and business applications, in support of IDx’s medical device platform.
- Partner with the other business units and medical partners to deliver customer solutions through new products, ongoing product enhancements and custom solutions.
- Build upon and continue to foster a developer culture of excellence to attract and retain talent.
- Continuously improve IDx’s development and engineering quality processes
- 10 plus years of experience leading a software development organization, including leadership during a significant organizational growth stage.
- Proven ability to build and lead world-class development teams by creating loyalty and trust.
- Highly organized around priorities, velocity, quality and meeting deadlines.
- Strong project management and communication skills, ability to manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Demonstrated ability to further develop IDx’s culture of developer excellence.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent).
What will help you in this role:
- Early stage experience in high growth environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of medical device software development.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft development tools, specifically Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server.
- Experience working in an ISO- or FDA-regulated environment, or another highly regulated environment (FAA, etc.)
The rigors and challenges of work at IDx are not for everyone, but the team here has some amazing opportunities to:
- Work with world-renowned doctors who are pushing the limits of machine learning in medicine.
- Build upon research and distribution partnerships with IBM’s Watson Health team to revolutionize health tech.
- Tackle complex problems/projects with the highest levels of quality and execution for audiences that include top technologists, the FDA, and world-leading healthcare providers.
- Push the accessibility and quality of healthcare to new heights to improve the lives of millions of people.
Some of the technologies we’re working with:
- Microsoft Visual Studio with MSDN and Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- Inedo Otter infrastructure as code
- C# / Ninject / NSubstitute / NCrunch / Nlog
- NVIDIA CUDA
- Windows Server with IIS webservices based on ASP.NET Web API
- A number of open source libraries to which we have contributed when appropriate.
- Relocation stipend available.
- IDx is located in Iowa City, IA. Our office has free parking and our average commute is less than 10 minutes.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/158474 →