Client Reference Code: 210828
The Video Analytic Engineer is responsible for generating reports, along with strong analytics of Video Operating systems from within the Ticketing systems, and at times creating processes improvements or running small tasks and projects to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience
- Basic configuration and support of advanced video equipment is possible (e.g. VOD, controllers, multiplexing, digital transport, edge QAM) for Monitoring purposes to generate reports/analysis.
- Work with Engineering to design and test system designs with full knowledge of configurations.
- Develop, design and implement electronic systems including audio, video and other multimedia equipment.
- Identify, resolve and escalate as required operational and design issues through data analysis and recommend solutions to make systems more efficient.
- Work with the other teams in the organization for implementations of network, related projects and other standardization efforts.
- Work with vendors and Engineering to resolve issues and design flaws. Complete ownership of issues presented within our realm or a clear and concise write up of what is recommended.
- Perform detailed problem diagnosis, track and update problems in trouble ticketing system(s).
- Develop problem resolution procedures required to meet serviceability requirements and improve customer experience.
- Design, Program, trouble resolution, and diagnostic metrics and performance analysis for all applications and equipment used in the provisioning and delivery of Video Services within Charter Communications.
- Working with Implementation teams on various projects/initiatives and Process Improvements for Video Operations.
- Support the teams providing reliable and consistent operation of these systems in order to provide a quality entertainment and information experience for our customers.
- Act as subject matter expert for video support & Tools will often lead initiatives and mentor other team members.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to projects, engineers or any entity of Video Operations.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impacts the work effort being managed.
- Manages one or more cross-functional projects of high complexity when required
Basic / Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working with Unix/Linux based client/server systems and applications
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing application configuration, programming, installation, and maintenance within a Systems Administration capacity
- Minimum 2 years of experience with data collection, analysis, and presentation
Additional skills and requirements:
- Some knowledge and understanding of video delivery and transport systems
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visio or equivalent design software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite of tools like PowerPoint, Project, Excel, Word
Preferred skills & experience:
- Experience leading systems and applications support for complex, high-reliability systems and architectures supporting video services or back-offices
- Experience and knowledge of VOD systems including AMS, catchers, caches, streamers and associated VOD back-offices
- Experience and knowledge of Conditional Access controllers such as Cisco DNCSs and Arris DACs
- Experience and knowledge of Switched Digital Video systems from vendors such as Arris and Cisco
- Strong understanding of KPI used to evaluate system health over time.
Job Code : TWCISY340 Systems Engineer II Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/101451 →