Client Reference Code: 206475
Under minimal supervision, VMWare/Virtualization Engineer III will be responsible for the public and private cloud (virtual systems) operational environment management, installation/configuration, integration, documentation and transition to operational support within Spectrum’s Telephony Operations Engineering Group. Telephony experience will be an advantage, but not a requirement for this role.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The virtualization engineer will work effectively with Advanced Engineers, Principle Engineers, Operations Engineers, Project Managers, Developers and management to provide timely execution, support, planning, implementation and increased uptimes of business systems.
- Applicant must be able to participate effectively on team and enterprise projects.
- Applicant must know or quickly learn the technical and business working environment through initiative and direction from senior staff and/or peers.
- The applicant must assist in mentoring of team members and co-workers relating to the job function and demonstrate leadership through technical knowledge, interpersonal skills, business knowledge, organizational skills and professionalism.
- Maintaining vendor support and technical interaction, technology implementation with and identifying sound technical solutions to execute the requirements of the business
- Review and provides guidance other telephony operations engineers in MOP (Method of Procedure) implementation.
- Assists with the trouble shooting efforts during major outages.
- Assumes a leadership role during major outages, coordinating not only within the Telephony group but between functional areas, as well as in all Residential and Business telephony issues.
- Creates documentation standards and assists and guides other operations engineers in the implementation of the standards.
- Demonstrates IP knowledge, L2, L3, TCP, UDP and telephony equivalents, ability to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues, ability to direct IP connectivity trouble-shooting.
- Minimum three (3) years Wireline, Wireless, or Broadband telephony switch installation or administration
- Minimum three (3) years Database management and network configuration work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot systems during outage situations
- Knowledge of relevant disciplines (VMWare, SBC, VoIP Switch, SIP protocol, etc.)
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills during stressful or complex projects.
- Solid understanding of personal computer and software applications.
- CCNA/CCIE or other industry certifications.
- Ideal candidate will have 3 years of systems administration. Relevant experience may be a substitute for education.
- Experience with VMWare vRealize Suite, vCloud Director, and vSphere Platform.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and vCenter upgrades (vSphere 5.5 to 6.x).
- Experience with VMware guest’s migration; from one site/location to another.
- Familiar with Cisco and HPe server hardware; remote management such as UCS Manager and iLO.
- Familiar with information system architecture to include systems, storage, networking components; extensive knowledge of existing industry standards, technologies and infrastructure operations.
- Familiar with SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) with planning, creating, testing, and deploying new or already deployment application instances.
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef, and similar tools) is a plus.
- Experience with scripting tools (Linux Shell, Powershell, PowerCLI, Python) is a plus.
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Solid understanding of common word processing, spreadsheet, Presentation, Design software and concepts.Firm grasp of TCP/IP standard applications (Telnet, SSH, FTP, HTTP)
Job Code : TWCETC370 Telephone Ops Engineer III Exempt
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/57078 →