Position TitleWeb Application Developer
Department****** – Information Technology
Position ClassificationFull-Time, 12 months
Grant/Gift Funded (all or a portion)?No
If Temporary or Grant Funded, Start Date and End DateN/A
Position Description/Posting Details
The Web Application Developer designs, codes, and modifies web applications according to provided specifications. They develop front-end, back-end, and database components of web applications and integrations into existing systems as required. The Developer provides support for ancillary web and desktop applications.
– Create, support, maintain, and modify the university’s portfolio of web applications.
– Debug, enhance, and test code according to university and departmental standards.
– Provide thorough documentation of custom code and modifications.
– Commit code to the version control system and manages backlog of assigned issues.
– Support ancillary systems and provide technical assistance to end users.
– Cross-train in other applications and serve as back-up for other Information Technology staff as needed.
– Perform other job related duties as assigned.
# of Direct Reports0
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or related field; or 1-3 years relevant experience.
– Basic understanding of *nix and Windows systems administration.
– Ability to learn and support new technologies.
– Must be a proven problem solver, strategic planner, have excellent oral and written communication skills, effective human relations and leadership skills, and experience with enterprise systems and word processing and spreadsheet application, preferably Microsoft Office.
– Growth mindset, persistence in face of obstacles, embrace challenges, and focus on continuous improvement.
– Demonstrated growth experience, showing a consistent track record of taking on new challenges and driving their success.
– Exceptional communication, organization and customer service skills.
– Experience in front end and/or backend web application development, specifically PHP.
– Experience with object oriented programming.
– Experience with SQL and database management, specifically MySQL.
– Experience with ERP systems, specifically Banner.
– Experience with Git
– Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of La Salle University.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Special Instructions to Applicant
For specific questions about this position or to submit your cover letter, resume and other required information, please contact ******************
Application Open Date04/30/2018
Application Close Date
Application Open ToInternal and External Applicants
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.