Job TitleWindows Systems Administrator – ID:31653
Job SkillsWindows admin
LocationWest Los Angeles, CA
Under the direction of the Manager of IT Operations Systems Management (ITOSM), provide technical support responsibilities for various Windows operating systems and hardware platforms. Major functions include design, build, implementation, and support of server infrastructure (Windows OS, DNS, Printing, server hardware, patching, anti-virus, etc). Responsible for the day-to-day 7×24 operational support, trouble tickets, system maintenance, system configuration, and adhering to standard operating procedures within IT Operations, including staff training and documentation. Role functions also include, but are not limited to design, design validation, installation, performance monitoring, optimization, troubleshooting and maintenance of a variety of systems, various Windows operating systems, and hardware platforms. Participate in the weekly rotational after-hours on-call support. Available for after-hours on-call 24×7 support
– Ensure Incidents, Service Requests, and Service Catalog Tasks are addressed appropriately and in a timely manner for high or urgent priority to meet the ITOSM OLA.
– Make certain tickets are opened, updated and closed for all assigned incidents, or service requests. Periodically check for unassigned tickets to ensure issues are being addressed and resolved in a timely fashion.
– Perform on-site hardware/software installations with department requesting work and keep ITOSM manager informed on issues, status and completion of installations.
– Make certain that server inventory and assets are documented, updated, and accurately reflected in CMDB.
– Ensure completion and implementation of ITOSM A3’s and A4’s as required.
– Maintain and upgrade ISS technical environment, including client server technology, printing, DNS, anti-virus software, and patch management.
– Perform monitoring, diagnosing, and troubleshooting to optimize systems and networked components as necessary to resolve problems and improve quality and performance.
– Identify and prioritize system tasks within ITOSM and operational environment based on ISS strategic plans and priorities.
– Ensure ITOSM staff and others authorized to make changes in the IT Operations environment adhere to the ISS Change Management process
– Ensure root cause analysis is performed and adhere to Problem Management process.
Manage the coordination of technical and functional support within ISS IT
– Operations, technical engineers, vendors, and CSC’s.
– Participate in ITOSM daily or weekly huddles and staff meetings.
– Fully participate and follow the IT PMO PM lifecycle and Resource Capacity Planning, including participation in Feasibility Studies.
– Responsible for systems design, build, and implementation in the PM lifecycle.
– Responsible for all assigned project deliverables and tasks, and ensure project notes are updated for assigned projects.
– Validate production readiness of environment architectures and designs.
– Ensure review and validation of architecture, design, and build documentation as part of the Formal Design Review and Technical Standards.
– Participate in the implementation of new technology at ISS, including preparation, training, change management, and development of new ISS standards.
– Assist and execute disaster recovery procedures as needed.
– Provide analysis of business requirements to provide sound technical solutions.
– Conduct hardware and software evaluations providing detailed analysis and recommendations based on the outcome of study.
– Research and recommend tools, scripts, and utilities to improve technical processes.
– Be a champion for ISS and serve as a role model to encourage others to embrace operational changes associated with ISS initiatives.
Send To Email / Remind Me
Send Now Send TonightSend TomorrowSend Next Week
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.