What You Need To Know
Who we are looking for: December 2024 or May 2025 graduates
Dates of Summer Internship: May 20th – August 2nd, 2024
Internship Location: Dallas, TX
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is North America's preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with roots that go back to 1933. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
Southern Glazer's offers a competitive compensation package with an hourly pay rate of $25 / hour. In determining a final offer, the company will evaluate a specific candidate's education, skills and experience and will make an offer appropriately.
The Southern Glazer's Internship Program was established to develop the next generation of Sales, Trade Development, Operations, and Corporate leaders. Each summer, the program offers interns the opportunity to engage in career building activities while simultaneously learning and applying industry-leading practices.
This hands-on experience gives interns the chance to explore and understand the adult beverage industry. The knowledge gained from industry leaders will allow you to build a network of professionals within the beverage alcohol industry and here at Southern Glazer's. Being a Southern Glazer's intern means you'll be invited to our Leadership Spotlight Series, a Community Service day exclusive to our intern class, as well as access to Professional Development workshops and trainings!
SGWS seeks summer 2024 National Accounts Analytics Interns at its Dallas, TX location, which is the hub of its National Accounts Team. This Internship will encompass National Account related project activity within Off-Premise, On-Premise and Center of Excellence teams.
- Participate in developing, communicating & monitoring specific performance metrics and goals relevant to Commercial & Customer Development Teams as part of regular business reviews
- Perform analytics and reporting tied to active Customer Development projects both On & Off Premise using Point of Sale (POS) data, Syndicated (Nielsen/IRI) and account-specific data and deliver to managers in presentation-ready formats
- Gather category, consumer, and shopper data to help identify opportunities at the customer level to improve category sales
- Participate in planogram development & space reporting for NA as needed
- Contribute to development of general retailer SGWS capabilities presentations
- Research industry best practices in the areas of organization structure, automation, tools, data sources, etc.
- Attend internal/external meetings as needed to gain exposure to SGWS cross-functional departments as well as key retailers
- Reside in the vicinity of the internship or have ability to obtain housing
- Must be a Junior in college and graduating the following year Completing BS/BA in Business, Finance, Marketing, Analytics, MIS, or Category Management
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Tableau is a plus.
- Analytical & problem-solving skills a must
- Previous internship or classroom-related project experience in data analysis
- Clear and professional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and team player skills.
- Hardworking and enthusiastic personality.
Benefits of a SGWS National Accounts Internship
- Gain professional work experience by working on meaningful business projects.
- All SGWS National Accounts interns are assigned a dedicated mentor.
- Work in a positive, collaborative environment.
- Learn about the Distribution and Wine & Spirits industry from all levels of SGWS National Accounts management.
- Gain key understanding of leading syndicated data sources, strategic category tools, On/Off Retail structure and Industry culture.
- Potential opportunity for full-time employment upon graduation
- Physical demands include a considerable amount of time sitting and typing/keyboarding, using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor), or adding machine
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazer's pay bands or ranges.
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Data Analyst, Summer Internship, Intern, Merchandising, Category Manager, Data, Entry Level, Retail
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.