2nd Shift CMM Programmer Job in US – WA – Algona for Precision Castparts Corp. | Production – Manufacturing
2nd Shift CMM Programmer
US – WA – Algona
Search Other Jobs
Production – Manufacturing
US – WA – Algona
– About Us
– Working Here
– Interns and New Grads
– Career Areas
New Search Search
2nd Shift CMM Programmer
US – WA – Algona
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S & P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire. We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway, said Mark Donegan, PCC’s chairman and chief executive officer. We see a unique alignment between Warren’s management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers’ needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC’s employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 39 plants in the North America, Europe and Asia with over 5500 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Noranco, Synchronous, and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Algona Washington, Primus International – Auburn is a leading Tier II Supplier of highly engineered metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry. Their key customers are Boeing, Airbus, and Latecoere. Primus International – Algona specializes in medium to complex titanium machining and structural mechanical assembly.
Acquired by Precision Castparts in 2011, Primus International Algona has become one of 38 plants within the Aerostructures division. Staffed with 300 employees, the facility generates annual revenue in excess of $160 million.
The 2nd Shift Lead CMM Programmer is an advanced level Quality programmer and is critical within the Quality organization with regard to product flow and quality.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
– Program CMS online or offline from CAD model or drawing
– Create solid CAD model from drawing
– Troubleshoot and prove out new product and/or program
– Make recommendations for and/or create new processes and procedures to improve product quality, product velocity, efficiency, or cost
– Interface with customers and suppliers (both internal and external)
– Train Inspectors and Quality Programmers in CMS operation and programming
– Frequently take on a leadership role with regard to new product development and/or specific projects
– May perform the responsibilities of the CMM Programmer and/or the Quality Inspector positions
– Experience and abilities equivalent to that of a Quality Inspector III within the Quality function
– Expert level CAD skills
– Demonstrated expertise and understanding of the CMM programming language (CMM Manager, DMIS, or similar), CMM software and hardware architecture
– Expert level troubleshooting skills
– Demonstrated advanced level computer skills including macro programming and/or software development skills
– Experience in leading, directing, coaching, and guiding other employees
– Strong logic and critical thinking skills
– Self-motivated and goal driven, demonstrating an ability to make daily independent decisions
– Complete high level CMS programming efficiently and effectively, meeting productivity and quality standards
– Concentrate and perform exacting work requiring significant attention to detail
– Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
– Read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations and write reports, correspondence, and procedure manuals, and make presentations
– Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical and engineering instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
– Risk analysis and mitigation skills
– Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with employees, internal organizations, vendors, and customers
Minimum two (2) years experience in CMS programming
Level of Education
High school diploma or equivalent education
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
SITE MAPHome About Us Working Here Interns and New Grads Career Areas Job Search Pay Transparency Policy
Accounting and Finance (37 jobs)Clerical and Administrative (12 jobs)College-level Co-Ops and Internships (16 jobs)Development Programs (9 jobs)Engineering (96 jobs)Environmental and Safety (26 jobs)Human Resources (21 jobs)Information Technology (19 jobs)Inspection – NDT / Dimensional (36 jobs)Machining (57 jobs)
Maintenance (72 jobs)Operations – Management (50 jobs)Production – Manufacturing (228 jobs)Purchasing and Procurement (10 jobs)Quality Assurance (52 jobs)Research and Development (3 jobs)Sales / Marketing & Customer Services (33 jobs)Supply Chain / Logistics (17 jobs)Tooling (13 jobs)Warehouse (4 jobs)
Copyright 2018 Precision Castparts Corp. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.