Only candidates who submit a resume and complete the full application
will be considered – anyone without a resume will be declined
automatically. For assistance with your job application please use our
External Candidate Job Application Guide.
All staff and faculty candidates will be asked to review GCU s staff
or faculty expectations as part of the application process.
Adjunct faculty candidates who are employed full time by Veteran s
Affairs and who are hired by GCU should have a waiver on file with the
VA regarding employment with a for-profit educational institution.
Waivers are available from the VA.
Current Employees: Please ensure you are logged on to Workday to
search and apply for jobs. For assistance with your job application
please use the Internal Candidate Job Application Guide.
Grand Canyon University is seeking an Academic Web Developer. This
role is primarily responsible for designing and building web
applications to support academic multimedia needs and ensure strong
optimization and functionality. As needed, this role will also support
additional initiatives identified by academic stakeholders.
* Actively participate in some or all stages of the product
* Work independently or as a member of project teams to determine
curricular and media needs
* Solve problems and make decisions with attention to detail
* Ensure tasks and projects are on schedule
* Meet both departmental standards and customer expectations
* Demonstrate interpersonal communication skills including verbal,
written, and active listening
* Stay abreast of current concepts, techniques, and technologies
* Actively pursue and engage in professional development
* Bachelor s degree in computer science, systems design or any
other related information technology field. An equivalent
combination of relevant work experience and education may be
substituted upon approval.
* Minimum of one year experience in web development
* Must have sample code available for view
(Angular JS, JQuery, JSON, Bootstrap, etc.)
* Demonstrate proficiency with web database solutions (MySQL, etc.)
and PHP basics
* Demonstrate knowledge of back-end development techniques with an
emphasis in following current industry standards
* Demonstrate familiarity with the Adobe CC suite of tools and
* Demonstrate knowledge of internet protocols and applications
* Demonstrate familiarity with Federal Accessibility standards and
W3C code validation
* Demonstrate effective and reliable planning, organizational, and
* Build user interface applications and back-end databases using
various programming and scripting languages
* Demonstrate knowledge of business needs and how to present value
* Work collaboratively to create a consistent feel on team projects
* Demonstrate knowledge of frameworks, server packages, and
* Work on a variety of projects simultaneously with minimal
* Demonstrate ability to build cross-browser and cross-platform
* Serve as key liaison with project analyst and client stakeholder
* Provide a positive example to students by supporting the
University s Doctrinal Statement, Ethical Position Statement and
Mission of Grand Canyon University.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.