Fairfax University of America is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) institution committed to setting a new standard in higher education. Through our student-centered approach, we strive to provide the most positive environment for learning available anywhere. Our programs are structured to allow students great flexibility in the design and direction of their own studies. To keep pace with the latest developments in technology and teaching, our curriculum and materials are regularly reviewed and revised, and our instructors receive further training, as necessary.
It is the policy of FXUA to provide equal employment and educational opportunities for all people regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, disability, source of income, place of residence or business, and veteran status. An integral part of this policy is to administer recruiting , hiring, working conditions, benefits and privileges of employment, compensation, training, opportunity for advancement including upgrades and promotion, transfer, and termination of employment including layoff and recall for all employees in accordance with this policy.
Fairfax University of America in Fairfax, VA is in search of a variety of Adjunct Faculty at the undergraduate and graduate levels to teach ON-CAMPUS for our School of Computer Information Systems to include the following subjects:
- Data Science
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
What We Need:
Our faculty members come from a very diverse range of backgrounds and specialties. To be a part of our team, you have to be dedicated and passionate about higher education. We look for faculty who:
- Are adaptable. We are a growing University in the midst of many changes. Many of our standard operating procedures are unique to FXUA owing to our unique student body. We need faculty members who are open and easily adaptable to new processes and procedures.
- Are lifelong learners. Working at a University means you are dedicated to our students and the education they receive, and we are dedicated to the education and resources YOU receive. We want someone who gets excited when a new challenge or project comes their way and is dedicated to professional development.
- Encourage and embrace diversity. We need faculty members who have a passion for teaching in a multicultural environment and can embrace the differences in others. Our student body is as diverse as they come, so the ability to integrate yourself into many different cultures is a must.
- Are flexible. As a result of the high percentage of international students at our university, scheduling can change at a moment’s notice. We are seeking instructors who are flexible and can teach with short notice, handle changes to their course schedule, and are willing to take on low enrollment courses and/or independent studies.
- Have a desire to be part of a team. As a small university, all employees the university must have a willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Teach undergraduate and/or graduate students on-ground in your field of expertise as specified in the schedule and course contract
- Evaluate and select text and instructional materials
- Develop and manage the class syllabus that includes course objectives and learning outcomes, teaching methodology, and attendance policies in line with those of the department
- Plan and create lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered
- Grade assigned papers, quizzes, and exams and assess grades for students based on participation, performance in class, assignments, and exams
- Use the University’s learning management system (Canvas) to post syllabus, assignments, and other materials and to communicate with students
- Stay updated on innovations and changes within your field of expertise
- Provide quality education and service to a diverse student body to meet the objectives of programs of study and prepare students to effectively participate in the global community and workforce
- Support relevant university initiatives
- Data Science:
- Ph.D. or MS in Data Science or Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science with Data Science Experience
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Ph.D. or MS in AI and ML or Ph.D. or MS in Computer Science with AI and ML Experience
- 2+ years of teaching experience
- Experience with a learning management system required, Canvas preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Current knowledge in your field
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and mentoring students
- Ability to teach with ample real-world experience
- Ability to show confidence in teaching and presenting to a class
- Ability to respond to the needs of learners from a variety of educational backgrounds in a multicultural environment
- Ability to use technology effectively in teaching
- Passionate about academic field and education in general
- Ability to teach courses in the area of expertise
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work with a highly diverse staff, faculty, and student body
Think you have what it takes? Apply today!
NOTE: Candidates selected for a phone screen or an interview will be contacted. Please do not call to follow up on your application as we have a high volume of calls and will not be able to respond to every inquiry
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.