CalPortland – “EXPECT MORE… WE DELIVER!”
This is us…
– Best-in-Class, industry leader with a rich 126-year history
– Largest building materials contributor to some of the West’s biggest construction projects including:
• Los Angeles International Airport
• The new Rams Stadium
• Staples Center
• Wilshire Grand Center
– Recipient of numerous awards for environmental sustainability and energy conservation
– “Family” based company culture with a focus on safety
– Competitive compensation and excellent benefits
The Plant Superintendent has overall responsibility for the Aggregate and Ready Mix production plant, mining operations, material load-out, maintenance and overall site facilities. Duties include planning and budgeting, ensuring the operations are run in a safe manner, in compliance with environmental requirements and in the most efficient and effective way. In addition to the aggregate production responsibilities, the Plant Manager has the responsibility of overseeing the on-site ready mix concrete plant and the on-road and off-road equipment, ensuring compliance with company, State and Federal safety and environmental regulations and requirements, maximizing equipment utilization, ensuring customer quality requirements and responding to emergencies.
• Responsible for mine planning, safety, environmental matters, cost control, production and maintenance and operation including a Sand & Gravel Plant, Quarry Operation and Ready Mix Operation.
• Responsible for establishing and monitoring production plan; maintaining accurate cost and inventory control; calculating and analyzing productivity and material data
• Understands the value of quality and ensures processes are in place to provide a quality product to our customers
• Maintain duties related to MSHA regulations, including accident investigation and reporting, safety meetings, training, etc.; Actively engages with the employees to reinforce safe behaviors; Ensures that safety, compliance, and environmental requirements are followed
• Oversees mobile equipment repair and maintenance
• Oversees maintenance planning and cost control
• Works closely and effectively with safety, environmental, quality and materials performance
• Document production statistics and produce reports as required
• Responsible for capital and operating budget processes
• Maintain working relationships with all departments to ensure work objectives can be met
• Develop plans to work towards improved performance and lower operating costs
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.